With all the stress and worries and heaviness of work lately... I've had two good things happen!
1) Taylor had tubes put in when she was 8 months old. They were supposed to come out, on their own, within three years. We went to the ENT in June, which was about the 3 year mark- one was about halfway out, so he was able to pull it out. The other tube was pretty solidly in there. The doc had said that the chances of it coming out on its own now were pretty slim. We were talking about scheduling the surgery to take it out, when he said, "We can wait another 3 months and check, if you want." I decided to do that, thinking it would still be in there and we could do the surgery during my fall break. So, Stephen took Taylor back this week, and... the tube was halfway out!!! He was able to pull it right on out. Whoop whoop! I had been thinking about her having to have the simple surgery just to get that dang tube out- having to put her under, etc.- and was really dreading it. An answered prayer, for sure!
2) Sydney is rocking it out at school. I have to share a proud mommy moment. In the first week of school, she was assessed and was reading on a 1.8 GE (grade equivalent) level. She has already mastered through the 3rd grade sight word lists. Since her classmates are still working on sight words, her teacher is now assigning Sydney books and having her take AR Tests. She read her first AR book, which was a 2.4 GE book, last night and took the test today. She got a 100% on the AR test!!! It was her first computer, multiple-choice test. I was so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment