Sunday, October 26, 2014

Six Flags

So... I haven't been to Six Flags since I was in high school, over 15 years ago.  Ironically, I've now been twice in the past week!

Stephen found this crazy deal where you can get a season pass to Six Flags and they charge you $4.19 a month, per pass.  Well, if you visited Six Flags before 11/2, you automatically upgrade your pass to a Gold pass, which includes free parking and a season pass to White Water, with free parking as well.  What what??  So, for about $50 a year per person, we can go as many times to Six Flags and White Water.  We went to White Water this past year, and it was $30 per person just to go once, plus $15 parking.  

Last Sunday, we took the kiddos to Six Flags to upgrade our passes.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, because, again, it's been quite a while since I've been.  There were lots of new rides and the place was decked out in Halloween gear.  Luckily, there was a ton of stuff for kids.  There was Bugs Bunny world with little rides, the Mine Train, another little roller coaster, Merry Go Round, bumper cars, games, and more.  Sydney hated the Mine Train, but loved the second roller coaster she went on.  Taylor didn't do the Mine Train but hated the roller coaster that Sydney loved.  Those were their first roller coasters they've been on!

We ended up staying until about 6:30.  We grabbed a bite to eat on the way home and (gasp) had to skip baths because the kids all crashed in the car.  (and that gasp is real, if you know how germophobic I am).  

Then, this past Saturday night, I arranged a babysitter and surprised Stephen with a little date night.  I was trying to think of something fun and different that he would enjoy.  Stephen LOVES scary stuff- movies, haunted houses, etc.  So, I thought we could go back to Six Flags, since, hey- it's practically free, right?  We went to Fright Fest and did some of the scary things there.  The lines were crazy so we only got to do a few things before leaving at 10:30 PM.  But, it was fun!  There are all these creepy, dressed up people that walk around, don't say a word, and just try to scare you.  

Six Flags has a Christmas wonderland coming this winter, so we'll be sure to check that out!  It's pretty cool- Six Flags is not some place I would've thought much about, but with this deal, you really can't beat it.

Here are some pics!

Sunday, with the kiddos:






Saturday, with Stephen:




No comments: