And I know why.
This is the longest stretch of weeks in a row that I've ever had to teach in my ten years of teaching. Every year, we seem to be the first district to report back (around the 20-something of July) but we get the benefit of having a full week of fall break. This break has always been the first week of October. This year, they bumped it back 2 weeks. After this break (which was 12 weeks in the making), we get weeks off every 6-7 weeks. So, I'm not used to this! (I can hear my non-teacher friends saying- waah, wahh, poor thing doesn't get a break). But... trust me... it is NEEDED!
Ok, next. I am getting old. I have had back pain for 5 months now, and I finally got it checked out. Luckily it's nothing terrible, but I do have degenerated discs and compressed vertebrae. I've been on 3 different types of medications (steroids/anti-histamines/pain killers + antibiotics for a sinus infection) for 2 weeks. And ohhhh the side effects. The steroids blew me up. I couldn't button my pants. It was terrible. I was retaining so much water, I felt like I was pregnant! The anti-histamines upset my stomach. Together, I was just feeling bleh. And tired. Luckily, my back is feeling much better now. But I'm still tired.
My students this year are a big challenge. It is exhausting to teach and manage behavior. Plus have the energy to do the other 1,000 things we have to do on a daily basis as teachers.
I'm taking a 4-hour Saturday class for an endorsement onto my certificate. It's only 2 Saturdays a month, but there is also required homework. It lasts until March. My weekend time is really precious now.
Then, there's caring for, entertaining, and working with the kiddos. I have literally fallen asleep on Sydney's bed as she's reading an AR book to me. Isn't that terrible?
I know this will pass. I am looking forward so much to next week, just sleeping in a bit and getting things accomplished. And, most of all, not having to work. :)
I'll leave you with recent pictures. Good night!
Visiting Sydney for lunch!
Sick day with Taylor. Poor thing.
Feeling better, we walked at the park. She got to see her classmates!
No comments:
Post a Comment