Friday night, I took Taylor and Sydney to a birthday party at one of those indoor playground places. It was really Taylor's friend's party, but the mom had said that Sydney was welcome. The bad part was that the party was from 7:15-9:15 PM in Dacula. The girls had a blast at the party but leaving was tough- they were crying (part sad to leave/part exhausted) and then we didn't get home until 10. (and the girls were up by 5:45 the next morning!! More on that in a bit.)
Another small friend of Taylor's. They are 13 days apart!
Including her own, this is Taylor's 5th Frozen-themed party in 6 weeks. Let it go...
The moment the costumed Minnie Mouse came out. Poor Taylor- she flipped out!
Saturday morning, after waking up so early, we hung around the house until it was time to go to Stephen's work for the annual Cookies with Santa. It's always a fun time of making crafts, decorating cookies, playing corn hole, and, of course, seeing the big guy himself. This year, no one wanted to sit on his lap, so I had Taylor and Parker and Stephen had Sydney. Parker wouldn't even look at the camera- he kept looking back at Santa, like Santa was going to snatch him up or something. That picture will be great when we get a copy of it, I'm sure! Anyways, it was still a lot of fun.
Crazy rays!
Telling Santa she wants a Barbie Jeep.
Telling Santa she wants a drum. ;)
That afternoon, I was SO TIRED. Taylor and I ended up taking over a 2 hour nap together (along with Parker) while Stephen and Sydney played outside. When the three of us woke up, we joined them. We went on a walk/bike ride around the neighborhood. The weather was very nice- it wasn't too cold, and the sky was perfect!
The girls did a sleepover that night, and Stephen and I rented a movie. It was a nice, low-key day!
Sunday, we went to church and were honored to be asked to light the Advent wreath. Thankfully, the kids behaved! After we came home and ate lunch, Stephen and Sydney went back to church to set up/practice for the Live Nativity play they were doing. Sydney was an angel. I kept the other two kiddos, and balanced hanging out with them with lesson planning, washing clothes, cleaning the house, and cooking dinner. We bundled up and went to church at 6 PM to see the Live Nativity in action. It was great! Sydney did a great job. :)
In the car, after church. Sweet things.
I was trying to cook dinner, and I heard a noise and then laughter... yeah... nice try, buddy.
My fashionista!
We are home, showered, in PJs, warm, and sleepy. Here's to one more week of school... then Christmas break!!
No comments:
Post a Comment