Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Room Re-dos!

Since we decided we're going to stay put here for a little longer, and the fact that I don't have a 9-5 job anymore, I decided to redecorate the girls' rooms!  I had gotten some cute, bright comforters and based everything else around them.  The girls LOVE their new rooms.  Sydney's room had been yellow since the summer of 2008, and we had tediously painted stripes along the back wall to match her crib bumper.  (Only to realize it's not really safe to even have a crib bumper... suffocation hazard as an infant, then a climbing tool when they can pull up... we basically never used it!)  Taylor's has been that lovely purple (I'm not the biggest purple fan) for 3 years.  Both transformations took me a good 2 days... one day to paint the walls, and the next day to paint or make the decorations in their rooms.

I'll start with Sydney's.

Before:


After:

The stripes and head of the bed used to be on the wall with the mural of frames.  Now, the bed is turned differently.  Her room seems so much bigger!


This is the far right side of that striped wall.


Before:


After:



And here's Taylor's:


After, from this angle:




Before:


After, from this angle:


This is what the color looks like on the walls... the bed picture looks way dark.

Success!  I love their new rooms!



No comments: