Monday: Stephen flew out to Seattle, Raegan came over, and the 5 of us were ready to play! We used our "kids bowl free" passes and visited the bowling alley. After bowling one game, the kids played in the arcade, which they loved. We came back home and played around the house until we went and got some froyo (with Raegan's mom) that afternoon. We came home, I cooked dinner, and we got ready for bed. Our wonky AC (which lately has been working some days upstairs but not others) of course didn't work tonight, so we had to all sleep downstairs. Taylor was the only one who listened, laid down, and went to bed. Sydney and Parker were up until after 10! None of us slept great, but hopefully we'll have brand new AC on Thursday.
While our realtor hasn't been selling our house, she's been filming some TV show on HGTV.
Tuesday: Raegan came to play again today, and we went on a walk to pick some flowers. Then, we went to CFA for lunch and the kids got to play on the playground. Parker is just now able to climb the awkward steps and interested in going down the slide, so I could sit by the glass, sip on my tea, and watch them play with a few moments of silence! Weird! But, that got old after about 5 minutes, and they came back out and we headed to Walmart, then back home. We played different games and did some activities to keep the kids busy. Sydney is still being in a major 'tude mood, so I was battling that. Sigh. We ran to Publix and the car wash before dinner, came home and ate, showered, and got ready for bed. The kids were asleep by about 9:30 tonight, and we all slept much better downstairs tonight than last night.
Their button-art masterpieces.
about to go through the car wash!
Wednesday: I ran the kids with me on a bunch of errands... dropping off my wedding rings to get them buffed/cleaned (it has been way too long), getting Parker a haircut, going to the bank, and reserving Sydney's bday party at a local place. Then, I dropped Sydney off at church- they were having "Wet n' Wild" day there, with inflatables and water games. Raegan's mom picked her up and she played the rest of the day there. Meanwhile, T, P, and I played some water games ourselves. Stephen flew in (!!) and we all headed to church for our last Wednesday night summer group. We all had to sleep downstairs, but alas... the AC peeps are supposed to be coming tomorrow! Woohoo!
Before...
...after
y'all... it was miserable.
Thursday: Stephen was in town and couldn't work upstairs in his scalding hot office, so he set up shop downstairs. The good news was... the AC guys came bright and early! I got out for a long walk/run and then got the kids out of the house so Stephen and the AC guys could work in peace. We went to a park and played for a couple of hours. It was hot (shocker!), so we grabbed lunch on the way home and sat in the AC. When we got home around 1 PM, the AC guys were leaving! It's starting to cool off upstairs... hallelujah! You really learn how you take for granted being comfortable in your own home. Thankfully, our downstairs unit was still working. Otherwise... we'd be living at the Holiday Inn. ;) The rest of the day, we hung around and I got a lot done around the house. The kiddos played great and had a hard time when going to bed, because they'd gotten so used to sleeping together the last few nights. They cried for each other! My hearts!
Following in his sisters' footsteps. Like his outfit?
Friday: I took the kids to our neighbor's church for "Fun Friday". Today's theme was a luau, and the kids spent three hours going down a waterslide, playing in little pools and a sprinkler, making crafts, and more. I, meanwhile, had three hours by myself. Visions of a long stroll at a park and a pedicure danced through my head... but 10 minutes into my stroll, it hit me. 3 hours?? I have to go to the post office, Walmart, Publix, then get home to vacuum and mop, and then go get the kids by noon! I cut my walk short, ran my errands, and only got halfway through cleaning. (My stay-at-home mom friends who send their kids to a half-day preschool have always told me that you can't get much done in 3 hours. I, of course, never had pity for them, but now I see their point). Anyways, I'm at least thankful I had some kid-free time and they had fun. That afternoon, we headed up to my parents' house. Stephen did the lawn for my dad, who's still recovering from his surgery. We all hung out, ate dinner, went ahead and bathed the kids, and they passed out on the ride home!
Saturday: Today, Stephen and I traded off the morning to run and do things around the house. We had a busy day of jewelry party and going-away party invites. That evening, our babysitter came over and so did our friends, Monica and Tim. We left for the Outcry Tour concert! Y'all... every since we started going to our church, about 7 years ago, they have played a variety of Hillsong United songs. I have always loved their music- the instruments, the words, the tunes. I have also always wanted to see them in concert, and have googled their world tours for the last few years, never seeing a time when they were planning to come to the ATL. Well, back in April, I saw it... they were coming! Along with some other great artists! I bought those tickets immediately and have been looking forward to it ever since. The concert did not disappoint. In fact, it left me wanting more. I'm trying to convince Stephen to take me to Australia to see them in their native country and church. ;) Anyways, it. was. AMAZING. I even ran into my former (and favorite) principal there and we had a good, long chat. We didn't get home until after midnight, and were exhausted.
Sunday: Today is daddy-kid day! I missed out on church this morning and headed into Dunwoody to throw a shower for one of my BFFs, Erica, who is expecting a baby next month! My other two BFFs, Ashley and Jackie, were throwing it with me. We set up, decorated, and then everyone came. Erica was showered with lots of great gifts for her little baby girl. When I got home, Sydney's friend, Isabelle, had come over and was spending the night. We had breakfast for dinner, played at the neighbors, watched some tv, and the kids played. I was so exhausted from this weekend and hit the hay and don't think I woke up once!
We made more flubber.
So long, summer 2015!!!! It's been fun!












































No comments:
Post a Comment