Thursday, May 5, 2016

Birthdays, Soccer, and more!

Can't believe we wrapped up April and are already in May!  This year is flying by!  (The funny thing is... this time, last year... testing was done, and I was basically "babysitting" 120 8th graders throughout the day.  Those days felt. like. eternity.  Add in all this free time I have, and time is zooming!  Oh, the irony)

Anywho, here is some of the latest that we've been up to!

Mercer's birthday party:


water balloon fight!

The goodbye hug.

 Our garden:

I tried really hard to get our garden going this year.  I even started seedlings in little pots inside back in February, which I then transferred outside in April.  Only to have Parker take the rake and RAKE THROUGH THE WHOLE GARDEN.  All that survived was a few lettuce plans.  Hmmph.  I got some new tomato plants and also a strawberry bush, and I think I'll call it a year.


Little rascal, garden destroyer.

Soccer team party:

Sydney had her soccer end-of-year party after practice last week.





 Muffins with Mom: (with Taylor's pre-K class)






 Donuts with Dad: (a couple of days later)


Sweet thangs: Thing 1 and Thing 3 being sweet.





Sydney the teacher!
The kids in Sydney's class got to be "teacher" for part of the day.  The kids could pick any topic that interested them.  I tried to get Sydney to pick a topic that she could really learn about, but she was dead set... on Beanie Boos.  So, we made a power point about it and had a good time.  I got to see the presentation!



Always good to do some hands-on learning.



No comments: