Thursday, May 5, 2016

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week was Teacher Appreciation Week at the girls' school (and maybe everywhere?  I don't know).  As Taylor's room mom, I felt a sense of urgency.  I was the person in charge of planning the week, informing the parents, etc.  If I didn't do my part, then the teacher and para suffered.  And come on... that's just not fair.  They deserve waaaaay more than one week's worth of gratitude.

So, about a month ago, I came up with a little schedule.  (and to be honest, I didn't really want to to a schedule, but the head room mom encouraged us to be creative and make sure the teachers are taken care of).  I didn't want the parents to be annoyed or have to spend a lot of $$.  So, here was the schedule I (ahem, Pinterest) came up with:

Monday: Make or bring a flower day.
Tuesday: Treat your teacher with her favorite treat!
Wednesday: Write to your teacher.
Thursday: Bring a school supply!
Friday: Free-for-all day- spoil your teacher however you want!



This week has been phenomenal!  As always, the parents in this class really stepped up.  Monday, I was at school early waiting with two vases, ready to put the flowers in to make a big bouquet.  I had purchased extra flowers in case they weren't full.  Well, thankfully, I didn't have to worry... we almost ran out of room!  Almost every child brought a flower.  And they were all so different, it turned out perfect.


Tuesday was bring a treat day.  I had sent out a list of the teachers' "favorite things" list they filled out.  Their desks were covered!  Here is our contribution:


Wednesday, I had sent home copies of this cute writing assignment I found online, and I got most of them back.  I turned them into little books for both teachers.  The writings were absolutely precious.




Thursday was school supply day... no pictures here, but I did see she got a wide variety of things (markers, craft things, kleenex, etc!)

Tomorrow is free for all day.  I hope they get spoiled with gift cards or gifts because they truly deserve it.  All the teachers my kids have or have had deserve it.  They have been wonderful!!!!  I am very thankful and grateful to them.

And, I'm thankful and grateful to the parents in Taylor's class.  They have made my room mom position very easy!

No comments: