Saturday, June 25, 2016

Summer Vacay, Day 1

The kiddos and I tagged along on one of Stephen's business trips out west this past week!  Stephen had to go see clients Monday and Tuesday in Seattle, which is a city I have always wanted to go see.  He then took the rest of the week off to hang with us, traveling down to Oregon.  I'll break our trip down into days, otherwise it'll be circuit overload.  We did a lot in these 6 days!

Day 1:

We woke up early Sunday morning and headed to the airport to catch our 10:55 AM flight.  The flight itself was great- we all had our own tvs, the kiddos had their new headphones, and we could all watch what we wanted to watch!  Parker slept for half of the flight, so he was no trouble.  K-Bashes for the win!




Mt. Rainier is an incredible site, even from the plane!

We landed in Seattle around 1 PM, got our rental car, and headed to Seward Park- a park I had read about online with a playground and great views of Mt. Rainier.  And it didn't disappoint!  Mt. Rainier is really amazing- its big, snow-covered top sticks way above the horizon.  It's unique because it is by itself, not surrounded by other mountains.  (At least, none that are noticeable)  Sunday was a beautiful day so we got some great views of it.  The kiddos played on the playground, and we walked around some of the trails before heading towards our hotel.










Our ride for the week!  I swore I'd never get a minivan but I'm glad I insisted on one for this week!  It was (gulp) actually pretty awesome.  Very roomy.

We stayed in the city of Redmond, which is about 30 minutes outside of Seattle, and is home to Microsoft.  Our hotel was right by the City Center, which was a very cool, new area of shops, restaurants, movie theater, play area, and more.  The time change was starting to hit us, as did our hunger and crankiness.  We ate dinner at 5 PM PST, then came back to the hotel, and crashed by 8 PM.

The city center where we stayed!

Want to read about day 2?

No comments: