Tuesday: Oh, today. What a day. The plan was to go to the zoo first thing in the morning. I had our bags packed, snacks packed, water bottles out, outfits laid out. Everything was dandy until Taylor put on something Sydney had wanted to wear and Sydney completed FLIPPED out. Screaming, crying, hollering... I couldn't believe it. She doesn't act like this too often, but when she does, her behavior is ridiculous, and the reason why she's so upset is usually even more so ridiculous. So, I said- fine! We're not going anywhere. And we didn't. I got a lot of stuff done today that I wanted and/or needed to do. We went to a couple of stores in the afternoon, got the rest of their school supplies, and the behavior issues were basically gone. Thank goodness. We ate an early dinner at Chili's, went home and had family movie night, watching Zootopia, and I did some Amazon Prime Day shopping. Sydney and Parker had a sleepover in Parker's new bed, and Taylor slept with me. A calm ending to a rocky start of a day!
Wednesday: Raegan came over to play today! We started today off by picking blueberries at a local blueberry farm. This captured the kids' attentions for about 25 minutes, and then it was "too hot" (at 9:30 am) and they were "tired". I think Taylor was the only one really hanging in there! Parker was too busy eating the blueberries in his bucket. Before lunch, we went to the library to check out some books, and then headed to CFA for lunch and playtime. We then came home, the kids did rest hour (and read their books) and then played play-dough. I cleaned house, we all showered, then we went to church for small group and dinner.
Playing with blue spaghetti!
Thursday: We attempted the zoo again today... this time, it was a success! We got there right when it opened, and first hit up the playground and the splash pads. After about an hour of that, the kiddos changed and we walked around the zoo. We headed back home and hung around the house the rest of the day. Stephen came home tonight- yay!
Friday: Raegan came over to play today! I ran to the grocery store while Stephen was home, and later we went to the library to go see a miniature horse and two rescue dogs. The kids got to pet them. The library always does a little door prize, and Taylor was the big winner! Sydney's friend Izzy came over to spend the night tonight. A rare migraine hit me right before I was going to take a shower. I ended up laying on the bed and falling sleep for the night. It was miserable, but I woke up feeling much better... thank goodness.
Playing with the door prize.
Kid yoga.
Saturday: Ahhh... the first Saturday in a while when we were actually in town! With nowhere to be! Izzy played with us through the morning until her mom came to get her. Stephen and I both got walks/runs in, and we got the house ready for our friends coming over that night. Peter and Jamie and their two little boys, Liam and Charlie, came over around 3 PM to hang out, play, and eat dinner. We had a great visit with them.
Sunday: We went to church this morning (the first time in several weeks!) and came home and hung around the house! We played with the neighbors for a while, I got some painting done in the garage, and we ate our grilled leftovers from last night. It was a wonderful, wonderful weekend... thankful for this time at home without having to drive a long way or unpack!
Their faces when I told them their friend was visiting our church today. :)
Playing with their daddy's 30 year old Micro Machines!










































No comments:
Post a Comment