Thursday, September 24, 2020

Over the Hill

 Yep, it happened.  I hit the big 4-0!  I'm officially OLD! 

I had some really nice, low key celebrations.  I went to lunches with a couple of friends; Stephen planned a hike and picnic and surprised me with my bestie; we went to the beach on my actual birthday; and we did a family weekend in Chattanooga to celebrate (more on that later)!  

My sweet friend Amy took me to lunch, got me this necklace bling (Parker said- whoa!! How much did that cost??), and this cute t-shirt.



Pics from the hike.  I was TOTALLY surprised!  We started on the trail and out jumps Ashley, Mike, Landon and Thea.  They planned a picnic, cake, cupcakes, and a got a cool t-shirt!







Enjoying my cute cup my friend Rose got me while at the beach:


Stephen and my niece put together the sweetest birthday video!!  It is too large to upload, so I screenshotted the different faces in it. :)




























To be honest, 39 was a really crappy year.  Even though my birthday is just another day, I'm looking forward to having a bit of a fresh start in my 40s.  I feel like being in my 40s suits me... I know more of what I want/like in life; I love investing in the family and friends whom I consider to be close to me; I recognize how very blessed I am with having people who care about me, and vice versa; I crave calm, peace, and family time; I don't care about keeping up with the Jones'.  I feel very at peace being this age... even though I have invested in some strong wrinkle cream. ;) 

No comments: