Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lots o' updates

I realized that I've been randomly blogging about things when I have a spare few minutes to write... not putting too much thought into them.  So, I thought that I would try to think about what's been going on lately and update everybody on the happenings!

Sydney- Coming up on 2!

Tomorrow, Sydney will be 23 months old... only 1 more month until the big 2!  It really is SO hard to believe.  Where does the time go??  So, I wanted to update you on some Sydney-doings, since she does/says something new and different almost everyday.

We are working on her manners... she has the "please" and "thank you" thing down, but now we're working on "yes, ma'am" and "no, sir" instead of her typical "uh huh".  It's pretty funny... she'll even say it to her stuffed animals.  Though, usually she'll say to the "boy" animals (Curious George, Elmo), "No, ma'am!"  And it's usually when they're doing something wrong (as much as stuffed animals can do wrong!).  I laugh, because I realized that I say "No, ma'am" to her when she's doing something she shouldn't be doing.

Remember that song, Insane in the Membrane?  Cypress Hill, anybody?  Well, if you saw Sydney's crib, that song might cross your mind.  Instead of padded walls, Sydney has padded crib rails.  For some reason, when she gets upset when we put her down to go to sleep, she will literally headbang her forehead onto the crib rail.  I'm talking, HARD.  One time it left a decent bump and bruise.  It doesn't help me sleep at night knowing she's banged her head.  She's only done this 3 times so far in a month's time (knock on wood!  Ha, that seems a little fitting, doesn't it?) but the other night, she would not stop.  Stephen had to get a comforter and beach towels and DUCT TAPE them to her bed rails.  That way, at least it wouldn't hurt her.  So, we've kept them up since then, just in case she decides to do it again.  I think the connection between the 3 times is that she's been overly tired + not feeling well.  Here's a picture:


Needless to say, it must be time for her to move on to her big-girl bed.  The bedroom suit is being delivered this Friday, along with the mattress we got her this weekend at Macy's one-day sale (woot, woot!) and the two bedrails we got at Babies R Us.  Stephen picked out an adorable comforter set that matches her room perfectly!  I'll take a picture once all that is together. 

Let's see... she is talking in sentences, though sometimes she says things that only Stephen and I understand.  She moved up to the 2-year old room at day care, where she sits at the tables in the big chairs to eat all her meals and snacks, feeds herself completely (note to self: don't dress her in nice clothes ;), and is starting to be potty trained!  They have a curriculum they follow, so she's learning new things every day, along with sign language and spanish. 

Oh, and this weekend, I had run an errand and Stephen said about 10 minutes after I had left, Sydney said, "Where Brooke go?"  She's said Brooke a couple other times this weekend, it's pretty funny.  I don't know where she picked that up from.

   Here's a pic of Sydney today, outside, while Stephen washed our cars.

Belly Update

I am now in my 25th week, and the baby is moving and shaking all the time.  I see the shifts in my belly when she kicks.  Only 14 weeks left!  (about 100 days!)  I'm going to schedule a c-section at 39 weeks, but I don't think they put you on the calendar until about 32 weeks.  So, we'll see what the actual day will be.  Anyways, besides being exhausted a lot, having Braxton Hicks contractions, leg cramps in my sleep, and not being able to paint my toenails very easily, I'm feeling really well!  People say I have really popped straight out in the last week.  Can you tell a difference between the two pics?  Can't wait to meet this little girl! 
Me @ 24 weeks.


And another one of me with Sydney.  25th week.

Nursery

The nursery has been totally painted!  It's a really pretty blue/grey color.  My mom will be doing a painting of a tree with flowers in the next few months, but at least the solid background color is up.  Here it is:

Before you think to yourself, ummm... aren't you having a girl??  Here is the picture I got my inspiration from:


So, it will look something along those lines, but with our own flare.  More pics to come once it's updated more!

House Changes

We haven't done too much around the house since the office renovation, but we did install two new chandeliers in the dining room and the kitchen last weekend.  Here are some pics:

Kitchen, along with new table and chandelier

Dining room w/ new chandelier

Sorry I don't have any before pictures to post, but you get the idea. 

On that note, I have to hit the hay!!  Just some updates, more to come later as I think about them.  Here's to another week!


1 comment:

Erica said...

So many things:

1) Love the new kitchen table…such a big girl table!
2) Beautiful color for Taylor's room. I hope she is a bit calmer than Sydney!
3) You Look GORGEOUS AS ALWAYS! When do I get to see that belly?