Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas, everybody!!  I hope you all had a very wonderful day today... we sure did!

I have a lot of pictures I want to share, so I thought I'd break the blog up into Christmas Eve and Christmas day entries... that way I won't bombard you with too many pictures. :)

Christmas Eve day, we hung around the house, waited for the Comcast guy to come by and repair our box, played, etc.  Nothing too wild. 

Good morning!  Playing with all her "friends".


Wearing their cute little matching outfits from a sweet friend.

We've had an annual tradition of spending Christmas Eve with our neighbors, having a nice dinner.  This year, our neighbors extended the invitation to more kids in the neighborhood, because... Santa came for a visit!  We went over to their house around 4:30, had some yummy food and got to hang out.  Around 5:30, Santa came knocking on the door.  The kids were so surprised!  Each kid got to sit with Santa and tell him what they wanted.  Sydney, again, wasn't so sure about Santa, but I took her to him and we had a little chat.  Of course, all Sydney kept telling Santa this year was that she wants Dora shoes.  So, we told him again.  A little while later, Santa pulls out his big red bag, and had gifts for every child.  Sydney's name was called last, and she was given her gift... what do you know, it was a pair of Dora shoes!  The girl LOVED them.  Check it out:

 Santa arrives!

 Telling Santa what she wants... kind of.

Oh boy, a present!

 What could it be?

 I see Dora... it has to be good!

What do you know... Dora shoes!  Woohoo!

The best part was that the shoes light up, so Sydney has been walking around stomping her feet to make sure that they light up with every step.  :) 

After Santa left, we hung out with our friends, and the kids played together. 

All the 'hood kids.

 The hostess with the mostest.

 Sydney playing with the girls...

 ...and the boys!

 I thought this picture of Sydney pretty much summed up the night.

 Tickle-attacking Mr. John.

Sweet Taylor!

When we got home, we made sure we got things together for Santa's big visit.  This is the first year Sydney has really understood Christmas, Santa, the giving of gifts, etc.  We had made Santa a picture of a Christmas tree a couple days before and wrote a message on it.  We also left Santa one cookie (he's on a diet...) and a glass of milk by the chimney. 

 Sydney displaying her artwork.

An up-close shot.


Sydney went right to bed, and Taylor and I stayed up late watching TLC's Crazy Christmas Light Displays show.  All I can say is... wow.  We all got a good night's sleep last night and were anticipating Christmas morning.  More on that later!

And before I go, here's a little comparison of my two girls in the same outfit!  (Sydney was 3 months old, Taylor was 3 weeks old):


Ok, it's a little hard to compare... but I thought it would be fun anyways. ;)

No comments: