Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One week old!

It's hard to believe a whole week has gone by since Sweet Taylor entered our lives!  We've had a pretty busy week.  Since I last posted, Taylor had her first pediatrician's appointment.  We found out that she lost 20 ounces (which is more than the "recommended" amount for a 10 pounder to lose) and her jaundice level was maintaining itself.  Luckily, it wasn't increasing (which is bad), but it also wasn't decreasing.  So, more heel pricks for Taylor.  That was Monday.  Taylor also ventured out for her first Chick-fil-a visit... nothing like breaking her in early!

Cracking a little half-smile...

Tuesday, we took Sydney and Taylor to Sydney's daycare, because Santa came for a visit!  I opted to do a picture with Santa there... it was more private, and no long mall lines (or mall germs) to have to deal with.  Taylor did great- she slept the whole time (surprise!) and Sydney wasn't too sure about him.  In the end, Stephen and I were in the picture.  I'm glad we did it- I hope to get these pictures done every year! 


This is the little outfit she wore to see Santa in...

Today was my actual due date... can you imagine if I went one more week?  Taylor would probably be a twelve-pounder!  ;)  We celebrated by going to the pediatrician again- Taylor had to do a "weight check" to make sure she's gaining (award for biggest gainer!!  14 ounces in 2 days!) and get her heel pricked again for her billirubin check.  Good news is- the level is coming down!  woohoo!  Her color is looking better, though she's still very yellowish.  Also, she still sleeps a lot of the day.  Sydney also had to get two boosters, but my brave girl didn't even cry!  I also went in for my one-week check up at my doctor.  All is looking well!

Hey, everybody!

Besides the slew of doctor's appointments, we are trying to stay in as much as possible... I can't believe how cold it's gotten so quickly!  Poor Taylor- being born at the beginning of the cold, and the beginning of cold/flu season... just enough to make a mother neurotic.  As if I wasn't neurotic enough already... ;) 

Sisterly love!

We've had so many wonderful surprises, from neighbors bringing dinner, to friends sending flowers & gifts to our doorstep, to friends coming by to visit.  Plus, the many cards, emails, phone calls... we appreciate everything!  We have some absolutely wonderful people in our lives. 

I'll leave you with a little video clip of Sydney saying the Pledge of Allegiance.  I posted this on FB, too, but for all you non-facebookers, I wanted you to see it as well!  I love my sweet little girl...





1 comment:

Kristine said...

Not to blog stalk you or anything, but... I can't stop gazing at little Taylor in that outfit! Too cute!