This year, Easter was a hit with Sydney. It's amazing how far one comes in a year.
Flashback to Easter, 2010:
- Sydney was about 18 months old and had fun picking up eggs, though she didn't really get the idea of the Easter Bunny. She did love eating those goldfish in the eggs, though!
- This was the day we revealed to my family that I was pregnant! I remember my dad was zoned into the tv when we casually brought it up in conversation... he did a double take and said, "Wait... what??" :) I was about 6 weeks along.
- I made a delicious (at the time) oreo/whipped cream/chocolate syrup dessert... and I have not been able to eat any of the aforementioned ingredients since. Gotta love pregnancy morning sickness, and how the feeling can stay with you, even one year later!
Look at her straight, short hair!
OK, onto 2011. We had a big year, with a grand total of 4 Easter Egg hunts that Sydney participated in.
Egg Hunt #1:
Stephen's work does a great job at putting on holiday parties for the employees and their kids. They didn't let down on this Easter party, which took place the weekend before Easter. It included lunch, cupcakes (Sydney's fave), face painting, arts and crafts, and a visit from the Easter Bunny himself! They had a big egg hunt, separated by age groups. Here are a few pics of the day:
Egg Hunt #2:
The next egg hunt took place at Sydney's daycare on Good Friday. I left straight from work to head to the daycare, only to miss the whole egg hunt. Luckily, Stephen had the day off and took pictures of Sydney. It was a fun day, and they had a big party afterwards in her classroom.
They are off!
Hmmm... snickers? No... skittles? No... Oh well, it must be good!
Egg Hunt #3:
This was the mondo egg hunt, put on by our church every year at the soccer fields next door. It is definitely the place to be the day before Easter. The numbers this year were: 35,000 eggs, 3000+ people, and over 800 cars. A family even drove all the way there from Douglasville. Crazy! Stephen and I usually volunteer to head up the parking every year, but this year we decided to try to enjoy it with Sydney. She had fun- they had inflatables, face-painting, concessions, and a few egg hunts, all sorted by age groups. I couldn't believe how many toddlers there were. Someone timed it and said all the eggs in the toddler area were picked up within 35 seconds! Here are some pics of that:
She loved the fun mirror.
On your mark, get set... GO!
Taylor enjoying the day... maybe next year she can participate :)
What a day...
On Easter Sunday, we woke up early and drove up to Gainesville to go to my sister's church. My niece, Madeline, had made the decision to get baptized! So, we got to go and see her get baptized. :) It was a great experience. After church, we went back to my sister's house and got lunch ready. We had a combined Easter/Kerrigan's birthday lunch. It was yummy. I ate so much I took a 2 hour nap when I got home. :) The girls did an Easter Egg hunt for Sydney, so here are pics from Easter & Egg Hunt #4:
Sydney and Taylor's Easter baskets
Sleepy-head checking out her basket
Sweet Taylor
The fam at Kendall's church
Sydney hunting for more eggs
What a great holiday!!!























No comments:
Post a Comment