Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Break Recap

Ahhh, I LOVE my breaks from school... but it's back to reality tomorrow!

I had a really good week off- it was a good balance of friends, family, work, and play.  We went to our friends' annual Turkey Day feast last Sunday; I got all my Christmas shopping done and wrapped; went to dinner with the neighbors; Stephen and I cleaned the house from head to toe (I'm talking, toothbrush to the grout, vacuuming everything from the mattresses to the fans to the blinds to the floors, etc.); I decorated the house for Christmas; went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving; tried out some new recipes; did some late-morning Black Friday shopping; watched the Dawgs beat the Jackets (oh, yeah!); had a "date night" at the Melting Pot with one of my best girl friends; and had Taylor's birthday party.  Plus, I attempted some work today so I hopefully won't feel completely overwhelmed tomorrow.

So, now I can go to work knowing I have a lot of things that I kept putting off done.  Working full-time and having two kids really leaves me no time to get the little details done.  I get the necessary things done every day, but little detailed things keep piling up and I usually only tackle them when breaks come around. 

So, in short, this break was much needed.  Back to work tomorrow, which I'm actually looking forward to... and then winter break is in 3 weeks!  I can do it!

No comments: