Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!
We had a great day in the K-Bash household. It didn't start off too cheery, with Taylor tripping, falling into the door frame, and busting her lip big time, and poor Sydney having terrible stomach pains. After lots of hugs, kisses, and ice, we ate a yummy breakfast. I was given a sweet card and a beautiful canvas collage of the girls. We then headed to church- Sydney sat with us during church (instead of going to her kids' class) and was a perfect angel.
Since it was such a yucky, rainy day, we enjoyed the early afternoon playing inside. Stephen had wanted us all to go to Bruster's for an ice cream treat, but the weather wasn't cooperating. We ended up going to Chili's and getting a brownie/ice cream and sharing it with the girls. Yum. Then, we came back, and Stephen starting cooking a yummy dinner that took 3 hours to prepare. I was ordered not to help, set the table, clean up, etc. I got to sit and hang out with the girls and be a bum... I could get used to this! :)
Stephen was sweet, and would talk to the girls about what a "wonderful" mom I am and how lucky they are to have me. Sydney, at one point, came up to me and told me how special I am and "thank you" for being her mom. Have I ever told you that I love my little family?
Happy Mother's Day!!
All my Mother's Day goodies, including flowers from church and presents from the girls' school.
No comments:
Post a Comment