Wednesday, August 8, 2012

50 Days!

Yep, folks, the countdown has begun... Baby Parker's official debut date has been set!  Drum roll please... September 27th!  That is 50 whopping days to go.  That seems kind of far away in one sense, but I just counted backwards 50 days from today, and that date was June 19th.  That doesn't seem so far ago.  Yowzas.

I don't have a picture of my belly to celebrate this news, but I can guarantee you I have grown a bunch this week.  People are starting to give me the "whoooa!" look when I approach them.  I have been absolutely famished this week.  I even got my first burger-joint cheeseburger that I've had in years last night.  I was so starving at 4 PM that I swung by on my way home.  It was pretty worth it... but I think I'll be happy to stick to my fast-food chicken sandwiches again.  The crazy news is that I actually lost 1.5 pounds from my last visit, 2 weeks ago.  How bizarre is that?  So not like me.  Must be all the running around at work.

This past Sunday, I woke up with a horrible, constant pain in my abdomen.  That was coupled with somewhat frequent Braxton Hicks contractions... which normally aren't painful, but since they tightened my already-sore abdomen, they were killing me.  I couldn't walk, go up stairs, lift anything.  I was getting a little concerned.  I've never actually been in labor, so I kept thinking- could this be it???  Luckily, I woke up Monday morning feeling somewhat better, and it has just improved since then.  My sweet mom and nieces came to stay with us Monday night, while Stephen was in St. Louis, and we had a grand ol' time.

On a big note, too- we went to Sydney's pre-K open house Monday evening!!  She will be attending pre-K at her daycare, and I can't believe what all they are supposed to learn this year.  She will be learning how to read little books in December.  Makes me have to rethink the whole repeating pre-K in public school (where they just learn basic skills and social skills)... but that's for a different day.  I can't believe how big my little girl is getting to be!!!

So, that is all from our world!  Just wanted to share the exciting news. 

Here are some pics from our last week:


Watching The Lion King... or as Taylor calls it, "Roooar!"

Up at the crack of dawn, Tuesday morning.

1 comment:

Erica said...

That tutu is "tutu" much cuteness for one tiny pool! Love it!