Monday, August 27, 2012

One Month!

Can't believe my c-section date is ONE MONTH from today!  So crazy...

In honor of this countdown, I was called into the doctor's office to ease my mind of some pre-labor symptoms.  I seem to think I've done this with all 3 pregnancies now... around this time, I'll start to freak out when I get those regular Braxton Hicks contractions and other lovely symptoms.  But, thankfully, I'm not dilated one bit... I was hoping Parker would not make an entrance this early! (and was also hoping I wouldn't have to be on bedrest... this girl's got some things to take care of at work this next month!)

I don't really have anything exciting to talk about.  We've been "nesting" with friends- seeing friends who don't live near us, since we probably won't be able to easily meet for dinner in the next, oh, 10 years.  Our last few weekends have been packed with that, so it's been great!  Next is my "to do" list of things to get done before the baby gets here.  This includes a good house-scrubbing, getting ready for Sydney's b-day party, and getting all the baby gear out and washed.  Stephen has installed the car seats, and I packed most of my bag.  Guess you can never be too prepared.  Thank goodness for a 3 day weekend this weekend, what better time to accomplish things?

This is really random, but I thought I'd share the latest with Sydney.  Bless her heart, one day last week, she tapped me while I was sound asleep in my bed, around 4 AM.  She was breathing really heavily and said she'd had a bad dream about a black cat.  We put her in our bed and all went back to sleep.  Ever since then, she cries when we leave her in her bedroom at night to go to sleep, thinking the black cat is going to get her.  I have no clue where this is coming from.

So, we are playing outside this past Saturday, when Stephen saw something moving way back in the woods in our backyard.  Guess what?  It was a black cat.  What are the odds????  (and geez, I hope that's not bad luck!)  So, you can only imagine how seeing that cat totally did NOT help the situation.  Poor Sweet Sydney... guess we'll start getting into the nightmare-stage for her soon.

That's it from here!  Here are some random phone pics of late.

Sydney, Landon, and Taylor. enjoying some red lollipops.

BFFs.  Ashley (left) came all the way from Cali just to see us.  She is 6 weeks behind me in pregnancy (no comment, I know you can hardly tell!)

Look what a great first week of school Sydney had!

Semi-annual dentist trip.  No cavities!

Creating a disaster at Tin Lizzies.  We were sure to leave a good tip.

Sydney was moved to the 3rd row... she seems so far away!

A couple of bags I got embroidered for Parker.

No comments: