Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sassy, Classy, and...

Still kicking a$$y.

I think that will be my new motto for 32. 

Yes, my friends, I am another year older.  Another year wiser.  And thanks to a birthday card from a dear friend, I have been encouraged by the above motto.  Bring this new year on!

I had a wonderful birthday.  Despite the fact that my work day was insane, I had a doctor's appointment, and I didn't get home until after 6, I still had a great day.  Stephen surprised me by arranging a babysitter and taking me to the Blue Willow Inn for dinner.  The theme there involves anything with the words 'fried' or 'cheese' in it.  And it's an unlimited amount of deliciousness that you get.  I definitely enjoyed that meal while I still can!

I got so many phone calls, cards, messages.  I went about 4 hours at work without looking at my phone, only to see a "14" by my missed call number when I checked it.  It's nice to feel the love. So, thank you to everybody!

OK, enough about my birthday. 

I have had a long week of long workdays after little sleep.  I couldn't sleep one morning and I actually went on into work a little after 6.  (I can promise you that has never happened before- and probably never will again!)  Every day, I've been leaving work trying to think- if I went into labor tonight, what kind of paperwork mess am I leaving my coordinator? (the person who's taking over for me while I'm out).  And it has been a hot mess of paperwork. 

Friday's appointment went well.  I am SO swollen- duely noted by the doctor- in fact, last week I gained 5 POUNDS in a week.  I did the same thing with Sydney at the end.  So much water retention, it's terrible.  Luckily, my blood pressure was normal and I haven't had any other symptoms of preeclampsia.  Doc recommended Friday be my last day of work, but I'm hoping to get through at least Monday, if not Tuesday.  Now the doc is saying she's not sure if he'll top Taylor (10 lbs)... but she did feel my belly and say, "But, he is definitely a BIG boy."  We will find out soon!  He's sitting on my sciatic nerve- which he's done throughout my pregnancy- but this one is causing me to have terrible back pain and it makes it hard to walk.  I guess because he has no where to go and weighs a lot now, that it's constantly pressing on that nerve.
Countdown- 5 days!  So hard to believe.  I'm trying to wrap up last minute things this weekend, but thankfully, we've been really productive for the last few weekends that so much is already done.

On a side note, I was thinking about this today.  I went to the gym to freeze my membership, and the owner guy was asking if this was my first pregnancy.  I told him it was my 3rd.  He said, "Oh, well you're a pro at it, then!"  I thought about that, and yes, I may be familiar with the stages of pregnancy and what to expect.  However, with each pregnancy it gets about 10 times harder, because you are chasing, lifting, getting up early, bathing, playing with a little one!  (or two little ones!)  I remember the days, being pregnant with Sydney, when I could come home and prop my feet up from 4 PM-bedtime if I wanted to.  Now, there is no choice but to suck up any pain I'm having and tend to the girls.  I remember having such bad morning sickness, and having to take care of the girls all by myself when Stephen was traveling.  It was TERRIBLE.  Lifting the girls now with my back pain... miserable.  Waking up 12 times a night between going to the bathroom, trying to get comfortable, soothing crying girls (and then having to work, lead meetings, have my head on straight the next day at work)... insanity. 

But, I wouldn't change it for the world...

Stephen and me after dinner.

The Blue Willow Inn.

Sydney enjoying one of my cards that made funny noises.

No comments: