Friday, September 28, 2012

Welcome Baby Parker!!

Our sweet son is officially here, born September 27th at 8:41 am! He was 9 lbs, 10 ounces and was 21" long. He looks so much like Sydney and Taylor did at birth. Especially Sydney. He sleeps most of the day away. He's been spitting up a lot of his food and, when last checked, was down to 8 lbs, 15 oz. Doc thinks it may be lots of amniotic fluid still inside his belly, causing him to spit up.

We got to the hospital at 6 am Thursday morning. Surgery wasn't until 8 am. All was going well- I was prepped, got my epidural, and was wheeled back to the OR. They were testing to see how numb I was, and realized I could feel everything in my abdominal region. They called back the anesthesiologist, who tested me, too. Since they had given me the max amount of drugs, he said they were going to have to put me under.

I immediately got upset- I hated thinking I wouldn't know right away or not if Parker was okay. A sweet nurse knelt beside me and said a prayer. Last thing I remember is a mask going over my mouth, and I was out.

Poor Stephen couldn't even come back, so he had to miss the whole birth, too. I didn't wake up until Parker was a couple of hours old. I was SO groggy and drugged up Thursday that I couldn't even hold Parker. It was sad.

When the doctor came to check on us this morning, she explained to me about the surgery. She said it was a blessing in disguise that I was put under. She said I had so much scar tissue from my last 2 csections that it was really hard to get Parker out. They had to press all over my abdomen really hard and had to be rough getting Parker out. She said I would've been in so much pain had I just had the epidural.

But, the main thing is that Parker is healthy and sweet and just perfect! We are so blessed!



No comments: