Sunday, November 18, 2012

Busy day!

Today was a busy, yet fun, day for us.  It's a day like today that puts my and Stephen's tag-teaming skills on display.  Big time.  And I am so thankful to have him... I seriously don't know what I'd do without him!

Let me paint you a picture.  Stephen woke up at 6 AM to run (yes, he's training for the half with me! Yay!), got home and took a shower.  Meanwhile, I am getting the kiddos up and fed.  Then, I go run and come home to shower.  Stephen's getting the girls dressed/hair & teeth brushed.  Stephen goes to church early for welcome team, and takes Taylor.  I keep Sydney and Parker with me, and we manage to be late for church for the umpteenth time in a row.

After church, I take all 3 home with me while Stephen serves before the second service.  I get them all fed.  Stephen gets home and puts Taylor down for a nap.  We do a little around the house, and are getting ready to go to a family-friendly shower my church was throwing for us today at 1:30!  Our neighbor stops by when we're heading out the door to drop off a beautiful blanket she made for Parker (pics to come, I'm sure!).  Then, we're off to church for a lovely and sweet shower.  Of course, I forgot my phone, so no pictures from the shower from me. :(  But, it was so nice. 

Ok, then we get home, Stephen bathes the girls and I feed Parker and make mashed potatoes for our friend's annual Thanksgiving get-together in Atlanta.  I get the girls dressed, and we head out the door in time to get there by 6.  We have a blast seeing all of our friends and eating some yummy food.  We've been going to this get-together for probably 6 years now, and it's funny to see the number of kids grow each year.  I think 6 years ago, there may have been a couple of people with kids.  Now, there are about 25 kids running everywhere. 

We headed home and all three kids were sleeping in the car.  Stephen took Sydney to bed, I took Taylor.  Parker is still chilling in his carseat carrier. 

Whew.  Seriously, I told Stephen tonight that there is no way I could do this without him!  I've also realized that, having a newborn with two toddlers, timeliness is not easily achievable.  Today, for example- I had Parker dressed with his diaper changed.  20 minutes later, let's just say that his diaper was in need of being changed again, and once I did that and was getting his clothes back on, he spit up all over his top, requiring a whole wardrobe change.  So, that whole process added on 10 minutes that weren't planned on. 

But, I feel like I learn as I go... and I'm getting better with each experience... and I'm so glad that we are not letting 3 kids hinder our social life... and I sure as heck love my husband!

No pictures from the shower, but here are pics with the girls having fun with the balloons (and lollipops!) we took home from it.



Taylor watching her balloon fly away.

Still watching.

She stood like this, watching it for a good minute.  It was hilarious!

Sydney's turn!

There they go!


No comments: