I was just telling Stephen about how I keep seeing Facebook posts about the flu every single day, and how glad I was that none of our kiddos has gotten it. Unfortunately, it looks like I spoke too soon. I took all three kids to daycare on Thursday so I could wander aimlessly around the 75% off Xmas clearance at Wal-mart and then get my hair done. You know, important things. About an hour into my wandering, daycare called- Parker had a 102.7 fever. I hurried to pick him up, walking into his classroom to find him asleep in his teacher's arms. His teacher said he also seemed to be breathing weird- taking deep and also rapid breaths. I called the doc and they wanted to see him right away. The verdict: ear infection and the flu. BOO! Luckily, since Parker had his flu shot, the doctor said this was a "week strand" of the flu. $120 and one bottle of Tamiflu later, plus an antibiotic for his ear, Parker is now on the mend. His fever has disappeared and he is just a little fussier than normal.
I have sanitized every single toy in this house, praying that the girls (or Stephen or myself) don't get it. I'm having the girls shut their doors so he can't get in their rooms to touch their stuff Parker was supposed to have his 15 months well check-up today (Friday) but they recommended that we postpone it until he is actually, well, well.
Poor sweet baby... I pray he gets back to 100% soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment