Sunday, January 5, 2014

Whatta Break

As my break from school is coming to an end, I'm sitting here thinking- seriously??  I'll be back in the swing of work in a matter of hours (as long as it doesn't snow!), and I haven't even cracked open anything school-related.  I'll be in for it, for sure!  What's really cool is that I've gotten to spend so much time with Stephen and the kiddos.  In fact, even though I took them to daycare a few times over my 2 week break, I never had a kid-free day.  Which is fine.  Really.  I've enjoyed it a lot.  I'm just tiiiiiiirrrreeeedddd!

Anyways, here is what we've been doing since we got back from South GA last Saturday.

Last Sunday, we ventured to church and Sydney's friend, Raegan, came home with us.  They played all day, and her parents came over to eat dinner with us.



Guess who did the UGA drawing?  

It's okay... we got him back.



On Monday, I took Taylor and Parker to daycare, and Sydney and I took a trip to IKEA.  We didn't have too long to peruse, so we made a dash for the toy section, which she loved!


After IKEA, we headed to Atlantic Station to meet my brother, sister-in-law, and niece for lunch and some Old Navy shopping.  They were on their way home to Nashville from Disney.  My sister-in-law is expecting their 2nd baby in late March/early April, so I loaded up their car with all of our baby stuff.


That night, we had some friends from church over.  Savannah, the daughter, spent the night with Sydney. They had fun watching movies and staying up waaay too late.


I braved it and took all 4 kiddos to Dunkin' Donuts in the morning.  One lady came up to me and said, "You're an example of why women should rule the world."  I laughed and said I didn't know how pretty that would be, but thanks.

On Tuesday, after donuts, we dropped Savannah off at her house, and I took the three kids to daycare.  Stephen and I had a date day, where we went to lunch and then to a movie.  It was great!  That night (New Year's Eve), we went to a Japanese restaurant with our neighbors.  We were going to their house to hang out, but Parker was so sleepy that we went on home.  

Sydney and McNair

Wednesday, New Year's Day, we hung out at home all day.  I got lots of organizing/cleaning done- it's always great to start the new year with a fresh start.  Besides that, we were bums all. day. long.

I got a little crafty, too.  Here's a gift card/coupon holder.

Thursday was going to be my first kid-free day, and I had some plans.  Mainly, I was getting my hair cut/highlighted, which was a big necessity.  This was the day Parker was diagnosed with the flu, and luckily Stephen could come home from work and work from home so I could go to my appointment.  He's awesome like that.  After getting my hair did, I sanitized the whole house in hopes that no one else would catch the flu!

Friday and Saturday, we just hung around the house.  I tried to get little things done around the house, which I accomplished.  The girls had a "sleepover" Saturday night and watched All Dogs Go to Heaven.  

Sunday (today), we went to church and then Raegan came home with us again.  I went to the grocery store to get things for the week (you never know, we could get snowed in!) and Publix was packed!  We all played, got in our PJs early, and now the kiddos are down and Stephen and I are going to sit on the couch and enjoy the night.  

Back to the wind and grind tomorrow.  I'm kind of hoping they don't cancel tomorrow because it's a teacher work day, and that is much needed for me!  Now, if they want to cancel school Tuesday, I'd be all for that... ;)







No comments: