Though, we did branch out this year and, along with our cards, I got him a daily devotional book and he got me a cute dress for our upcoming anniversary dinner. I know, I know... who are we, right??
Anyways, as with most holidays, it's so much fun for the kiddos. Taylor and Parker had their Valentine's parties at daycare, featuring ice cream bars. Sydney celebrated at her school with her classmates. All three came home with a big bag of treats, which promptly went on top of the fridge, out of sight (and hopefully out of mind!).
That Friday night, Sydney went to Jag Jam, her school's dance. To be honest, I hadn't given it a second thought when I saw the flier come home for it. I hadn't even mentioned it to her. But, one of her classmate's moms messaged me, asking if Sydney was going. Her little boy had wanted to bring Sydney some flowers. So sweet. So, I asked Sydney if she wanted to go and got an astounding "YES!" I got the little boy a stuffed monkey for Sydney to give to him. (his mom later told me that he won't put that stuffed animal down. Ahh, young love...)
Stephen insisted on taking her... I think the whole "boy bringing flowers" thing freaked him out a bit. Sydney melted down about shoes (those darn stocking seams at the toes... she can't handle them!) so I didn't get any before pictures. I'll include the ones Stephen got from the dance. She had a blast!
Saturday, we were together as a family! It was a fun day. We went to lunch at Chili's and had homemade pizza for dinner. The kiddos opened little Valentine gifts from us. A wonderful day with my loves.
That Friday night, Sydney went to Jag Jam, her school's dance. To be honest, I hadn't given it a second thought when I saw the flier come home for it. I hadn't even mentioned it to her. But, one of her classmate's moms messaged me, asking if Sydney was going. Her little boy had wanted to bring Sydney some flowers. So sweet. So, I asked Sydney if she wanted to go and got an astounding "YES!" I got the little boy a stuffed monkey for Sydney to give to him. (his mom later told me that he won't put that stuffed animal down. Ahh, young love...)
Stephen insisted on taking her... I think the whole "boy bringing flowers" thing freaked him out a bit. Sydney melted down about shoes (those darn stocking seams at the toes... she can't handle them!) so I didn't get any before pictures. I'll include the ones Stephen got from the dance. She had a blast!
Sydney and I got our nails painted at a local salon. We matched!
Saturday, we were together as a family! It was a fun day. We went to lunch at Chili's and had homemade pizza for dinner. The kiddos opened little Valentine gifts from us. A wonderful day with my loves.
Stephen made the kiddos homemade valentine cards. :)
Opening cards from Grandmom and DeeDad.
No comments:
Post a Comment