Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mid-Winter Break

Every year that I've taught, we've gotten this ultra-nice week-long break in mid-February.  This year, they shortened it to a long weekend- Thursday, Friday, and Monday off.  Thanks to the ice storm, we had an extra day off (Tuesday) this year.  It was a perfect amount of time off, and was definitely needed.

We did nothing!!  Sydney had school Thursday and Friday, so I took the other two to daycare and enjoyed some free time, running errands, going shopping, etc.  Friday night was Sydney's school dance and Saturday was Valentine's Day.

Sunday, we all went to church and then the girls and I went into Decatur to attend my cousin's baby shower.  It was so much fun.  They had little games, including one the girls totally ate up.  Everyone got a shiny bracelet when they got there, and if someone said the word "baby", then you had to give up your bracelet.  Well, let me just tell you... Sydney and Taylor were bound and determined to listen out for that b-word.  In the end, they got all 20 bracelets (people were slipping up... wink wink... at the end of the party) so now we have 20 bracelets strewn across our house.

I think Parker loved the bracelets the most.


Monday, Sydney didn't have to go to school but requested to go to daycare.  I took all three, ran at the park, did some craft shopping, cleaned house, cooked dinner... it's amazing what you can do when 1) you don't have to work and 2) the kiddos aren't home!

Sleepover time.

Tuesday, me and the three munchkins stayed home all day.  School was cancelled but we didn't have any snow/ice.  I guess it's better to be safe than sorry... I'll have to remember that come any days we have to make up in June.  Like last year.  #babysitting8thgradersisSOnotfun  Anyways, we met Raegan and her mom at Chick-fil-a so the kiddos could eat and play and Monica and I could have some adult conversation.  The rest of the day consisted of movies, play time, and snacks, snacks, juice, and more snacks.

Jeeps in the garage.

They are little BFFs.

Monsters Inc.

Picnic in our closet.

That was it!  Not a very exciting break, but any break is always nice.  Back to reality now!

No comments: