Remind me not to get too gung-ho about starting a painting project again.
Back in March/April, I had some lovely gray paint and a garage that had all kinds of marks on its walls. It was calling out for a paint job. So, you know me- I got started! It shouldn't take me too long, right?
WRONG.
Goodness, you don't know how big a room is until you start painting it. So, after my initial painting day, I maybe painted a couple more times before I started finding every excuse in the book not to paint. It's too hot. I'm too busy. Oh, gotta go pick up the kids.
Spring turned into summer, which turned into fall, which turned almost into winter. This is how our garage looked all this time:
It was getting to be a neighborhood joke. Stephen teased me about it all the time. I was trying to beg and plead and pay off people to finish it for me.
Finally, I decided to suck it up. Stephen was going to be gone for 4 days straight, and I was going to surprise him. I went to Home Depot, got more paint, brushes, rollers, edgers (an amazing invention my friend told me about! Thanks, Alexis!), plus new door paint and chalkboard paint. I didn't schedule anything for 2 days straight. I was DETERMINED.
And I did it. 14 hours later (!!), the whole garage was painted, along with the door from the garage inside the house and the backpack wall.
I was so sore, I felt like I had lifted weights for 5 hours straight. Guess I need to hit up the gym again? But I didn't care. It was DONE! Hallelujah.
Now, this is what it looks like.
Here's the door:
Before (with sample paint on it):
After:
Backpack wall before:
After:
Seriously... If I ever mention on this blog, "Oh, I think I might paint a room"... please comment to me- ARE YOU A CRAZY LADY? NO! Seriously. Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment