WOW- it's been a hard day! This morning was hard before Taylor even woke up. Sydney was so pathetic looking, she just wanted me to hold her. It's hard to walk around the house with a two-year-old strapped to your leg. Then, when Taylor woke up, the jealousy came out! Sydney wouldn't let go of my leg until I held her, and Taylor, obviously, had to be held. I'm sure my doctor would love to hear how I'm carrying a 31-pounder on one side, a 10-pounder on the other side, walking down the stairs 2 weeks after my c-section. Let's keep that our little secret.
Taylor didn't sleep between feedings, and Sydney wouldn't have me holding Taylor and not her. But, Taylor would cry if I put her down. And Sydney has this cough that I don't want Taylor to be really close to, so I can't exactly hold both at the same time. Sigh.
A friend from church came over to visit today, so I had a momentary break where she could hold Taylor and I could hold Sydney. Taylor fell fast asleep in her arms, and I was able to put both girls down for a nap. Now, I gotta take advantage of this break!! (and this blog should feel honored that this is what I chose to do! ;)
Anyways, just wanted to say that for all of you parents who stay at home everyday with your children... my hats are off to you!
These photos have nothing to do with this blog, but I thought I'd post some for you to look at. :)
Sydney's sweet Daddy got her these Dora accessories as a present!
Look who came to visit our backyard yesterday! A 3rd one showed up a few minutes later.


2 comments:
Girl, I hear ya. I have long since held that staying home is harder than going to work. Sometimes I wonder how moms with only ONE kid do it! But you sound like you have your hands full for sure! Here's hoping things get a little easier and everyone starts feeling better soon.
I am with you! I think one would be challenging in finding creative ways to teach/motivate/entertain all day. I think 2 is hard just juggling. I can't even fathom 3 or more! ;)
Post a Comment