We made it home from the hospital around lunchtime on Friday. We were both itching to get home, seeing as we both missed Sydney really badly! My mom and dad brought her to the hospital everyday, but it was nice to get home to her precious smiling face.
Heading home from the hospital!
We arrived home to the famous stork- thanks, Erin!
Back to the hospital: the hospital stay went well. Taylor is jaundice, and the first night she had to sleep under the phototherapy lights- a.k.a. the tanning bed. Check it out:
Sydney was jaundice as well, though Taylor's levels are higher than Sydney's were. Turns out that since I have a negative blood type, and both my girls have a positive blood type, jaundice is very likely to occur. We've had to take Taylor back twice this weekend to get blood drawn to check her levels. They're kind of in the medium-range, so we're monitoring it. Her skin has a very yellow/orange tint to it, and the whites of her eyes are very yellow. She's also very lethargic. Hopefully this will go away soon!
Saturday, while mom, Taylor, and I went to the hospital, Stephen and Sydney went to Stephen's work to see Santa! They had all sorts of awesome activities for the kids. Here are some pictures from that:
Getting her face painted.
Decorating her cookie with edible markers... never heard of such a thing! (Check out her tongue! What concentration! She totally gets that from me. :)
The rest of the weekend was spent staying in, out of the cold, having some friends come over to visit, watching college football... and most of all, adjusting to the newest addition to our family. Taylor is so sweet- right now, she really just eats and sleeps most of the day (except for last night, where she was awake from 9 PM until 2:30 AM. Guess we'll need to get her days and nights straight!). Sydney has had a little bit of a time adjusting to her. On Friday, I was holding Taylor and Stephen came over to get her. I told Sydney that Taylor was going with daddy. Well, poor Sydney starting getting upset, saying, "No, that's my daddy!!" Sometimes when she sees me holding Taylor, she's ask for me to hold her instead. Or, tonight, she kept saying, "This is Sydney's house!" and "No!" when someone said something to her (all this was said as I was holding Taylor).
So, we've been trying to play up the "big sister" role. Sydney loves to help out. If Taylor cries, Sydney gets a really concerned look on her face and wants to know what's wrong. She'll kiss Taylor's forehead. She likes to help carry Taylor's bottle, help feed her the bottle, and help pat her back to burp her. Here is Sydney in action:
Sydney feeding Taylor.
Sydney's a proud big sis!
I know this is an adjustment period for Sydney, but she'll get there. She was used to being the star of the show, and she still is... just now with an important sidekick!
As for me (I know, who cares about me anymore? LOL). My recovery is going well, though I'm still in a lot of pain. I can't drive for 2 weeks and can't lift anything "over 10 pounds" for 6 weeks. Ok, so what happens when your daughter weighs 10 pounds at birth? Should I not lift her for 6 weeks? ;) Anyways, I'm taking it easy (though my mom would probably disagree) and hoping to heal up really quickly.
I'll leave you now with some new pictures of Taylor. Look at those cheeks! And that hair! She has her first pediatrician's appointment tomorrow, so I'll fill you in later on how that goes. So long!













2 comments:
Brooke, she is just PERFECT! I can't believe how big she is already! I'm glad you are taking it "easy" and getting settled in. Get some rest and kiss those girls for me!
She is so cute!!! I know Sydney is going to be a GREAT big sister!
Grace had jaundice that bad too! She was on the lights in the hospital, we took her back to the hospital for two days and then had a home nurse come to check her for four days while she stayed on a bilibed at home. It was no fun and I thought I had the best baby then to be told she was lethargic due to the jaundice. My pediatrician told me she was probably jaundice "so bad" bc of her large size and we just could feed her enough.
Post a Comment