Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Language of Sydney

Sydney is quite the funny one, and has a wild imagination.  One thing I've noticed is that she says things as she hears them, and doesn't always quite say the word or phrase correctly.  Here are some examples of Sydney-ese.  (Sydney's version is listed first, followed by the translation).

"All the sun"= all of  a sudden
Daddy is "sword" = Daddy is sore
"Monkey Charms" = Lucky Charms
Don't "berrupt" me = Don't interrupt me
"Pretty Sun" = Capri Sun
"Once summa pime" = Once upon a time
"Hold You" (more like hold joo) = Hold me (I'm surprised at how many toddlers say this!)
"phome" = phone
"fra-tend" = pretend
"bike-a-cycle" = bicycle
"Oatmilk" = oatmeal
"Congladulations" = Congratulations
"len-a-mabe" = lemonade
"North Hole" = North Pole
"lissing" = listen
"Rabbit-see" = privacy
"Logan-bill" = Loganville
"Dora Nee-Dee Splorer" = Dora the Explorer
"Binnochio" = Pinnochio

A lot of these things are so cute and I almost don't want to correct her, because a big part of me doesn't want her to grow up!! 

I think this will have to be a running list of things that I will be adding to as I think of other words.  This will be great to look back at, so I won't forget!

That's my girl!  Walking in my... boots?

No comments: