Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh, fudge!

So, I made a promise to myself that I would keep this blog free of any bathroom humor, gross details about certain things... I know nobody really enjoys reading that.  But, I'm going to have to make an exception today.

Last night, I was a baking-queen.  I wanted to make the teachers that I'm working with at my three schools some holiday treats.  I made some peppermint bark, some cookies, and some chocolate fudge- with and without nuts.  I had cute little holiday bags to put all the goodies in.  Late last night, I got an email saying that I'd be seeing one of my friends at a meeting this morning.  He and I used to work together in Newton County, and both have found our ways into Rockdale.  He's the behavior specialist for the county, so he was participating in this meeting in regards to a kid's behavior.

So, the nice person I am, I decide to make some goodies for my friend.  Instead of putting the food in a cute, festive bag, since he's a guy, I opted just to put the snacks in sandwich bags, tied with holiday ribbon.  I put all the bags by the door so I wouldn't forget them in the morning.

This morning, I get all the bags in the car, though I put his in my purse since it's smaller and so it wouldn't get lost in my car.  I get to the meeting, and my friend and I are sitting in the conference room.  I remembered the present, and pulled it out of my purse to present it to him.  This is what my lovely, nicely squared off fudge pieces now looked like:


You can only imagine the jokes.  At first, I was so embarrassed, giving him this bag of melted fudge.  Then, we both just started dying laughing once we realized what it looked like.  And the jokes kept coming, and we laughed some more.  Now, apparently my motto is, "My name is Brooke, and I give a crap." 

He ended up telling everyone at the county office.  So, now the joke is everyone's asking me if I'm bringing fudge to tomorrow's Christmas party.  Well, guess what?  I'm going to redeem myself... hopefully!  The fudge is chilling in the refrigerator now.  Maybe I should put it in the freezer before tomorrow's party... I won't be taking any more crap from them! (ba dum bum)

No comments: