Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

So, as I said in my last post, Christmas this year was going to be different... just the four of us together!  It was a cold, rainy day, so it was kind of nice not to have to venture out.

We all got up around 7:30 AM and the kiddos came down (well, Sydney really) and checked out their "Santa" stash by their stockings!  What do you know... the two things Sydney has been talking about ALL season (Dora House and car) were there!  Taylor had some goodies, too.  Mommy and Daddy racked up with their OK! magazine, candles, and ESPN magazine.  Thanks, Santa!






After this moment came a 20 minute MELTDOWN on behalf of Sydney.  I mean, she was screaming, crying... I have no clue what brought it on.  It was so bad that I took her Dora House and car and put them outside the front door, saying that "Mr. Elf" (our Elf on the Shelf) would be back to pick it up if she didn't calm down.  Stephen took her to her room to calm down and apologize, which she did in about 5 minutes.  Back to the normal Sydney.

We ate breakfast and then went to open the presents under the tree!

During Sydney's meltdown, I had to squeeze Taylor into the fancy Christmas outfit, courtesy of "Aunt Meg".

A flashback to Christmas 2009:


Back to Christmas 2011:


Sydney opened Taylor's presents for her.



Taylor seemed to prefer the tissue paper over her gifts.

Anything Dora = a winner!

So excited that she has two Dora dolls for her dollhouse now.

The last present... a bike-a-cycle! 

The bike-a-cycle only made it to the edge of the garage because of the yucky rain.

Taylor's big present!  Thanks Grandmom and D-Dad!

No more tissue paper?

After all the presents were unwrapped, we literally just hung out all day.  And, we decided to go ahead and take all the Christmas decorations down.  Bah Humbug, right?  I know, I know.  But we had the time.  :)  As much as I LOVE decorating for Christmas, there is something to be said about having your house back to normal.  We played all day long, and I crashed hard around 9 PM.  Playing sure does make you tired!

Anyways, it was a VERY Merry Christmas in our household.  We are truly blessed!  


No comments: