Sara picked me up from the airport, and we went back to her apartment to drop all my stuff off. It was a cold, overcast day. I think it only got into the low-50s. We walked to a cute part of town and grabbed lunch at a pizza place. Then, we walked into DC and went to the Smithsonian to see their art/picture galleries. We walked around town a bit, hit up some shops, and then took the metro back to her place.
Sunday morning, Sara and I were SO tired but managed to get up around 7:30. We went on a 75 minute walk along the Potomac River. It was lovely, and it definitely helped us both wake up and feel refreshed.
We got dressed and ready for church- Capitol Hill Baptist Church. It was beautiful, and it was interesting to see what a variety of people attend the same church. I guess that's DC for you- a wide variety of people from all kinds of backgrounds!
After church, Daniel, Sara, and I walked to another part of town to eat brunch. Then, we hit up these really cool markets. I got Sydney a cool purse for a present.
We got back to the hotel and made a last-minute attempt to finish the movie we started the night before, while I packed up. Then, Sara took me to the airport and I was on my way back home.
It was a great trip and a wonderful visit!
Oh, and yes, Stephen had the girls to himself for the weekend. How did they fare? I got several picture-updates each day, and here are some of the highlights:
Oh, and yes, Stephen had the girls to himself for the weekend. How did they fare? I got several picture-updates each day, and here are some of the highlights:
They had all kinds of fun- picnics, playing with the neighbors, spending hours outside, playing dress up... and when I got home, several projects were done, the car was vacuumed out, and the house was perfectly clean! What an awesome hubby I have!
No comments:
Post a Comment