Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pink or Blue?

Stephen and I are headed in today to get an ultrasound done to see if we can find out if we're having a boy or a girl!  A friend of ours from church does ultrasounds at a high-risk doctor's office, and she offered to have us come in for her to do a scan.  I am 16 weeks, 2 days along now, so hopefully I'm far enough along to see. :)

It's funny- with this pregnancy, when someone finds out I'm pregnant, the first thing they say is they hope it's a boy.  I really am happy either way- I just am so excited to find out.

If we have another girl, we literally won't have to do a thing.  The baby can be in Taylor's current nursery, and we have more clothes than we would ever need.  And the baby being born in the fall, if it's a she, she would fall right into the same sizing of Taylor and Sydney.  The girls could be buddies, do the same activities.. we would have hand-me-downs galore (she would be the 6th granddaughter for my parents).  All we would need is diapers!

If we have a boy, my mind would have to be completely warped into a different way of thinking.  It would be awesome to experience both girls and a boy, but I am SO used to anything estrogen-related that anything "boy" would seem foreign for a bit.  He would definitely stick out in our family, being the only boy out of 6 cousins/siblings.  We would have to start from scratch with clothes... let's face it, girls' clothes are so not able to be translated into boys' clothes.  Even if it's a pair of jeans, there's always some kind of heart or flower or something on the bottom of the pant leg.  Luckily, Stephen and I bought any big-ticket items in neutral tones, so car seats, strollers, pack n' plays, etc. would work either way.

So, we are excited to (hopefully!) find out!  What do you think it is?

No comments: