I totally wasn't trying to be dramatic by not following up on my last post until just now! I had a few people ask me, "Well....??" We found out that we will be having a sweet little BOY! It sounds so strange to say because we literally are all girls in our family... there hasn't been a boy in my immediate family in 41 years! (Sorry, Bill, for ousting your age!)
Our friend who did the ultrasound yesterday was awesome- she got a good shot pretty quickly, and I heard her say, "It's a boy!" Stephen and I were both like, "What??" Tears came to my eyes- I think I just wasn't really expecting to hear boy, and I am so excited to be able to experience both sexes. And let's face it, I'm hormonal, so it doesn't take much to make me cry. ;)
We had her double and triple check, and there really is no doubting this is a boy. :) Our friend spent great quality time showing us all the parts- the brain, the heart, the spine, the arms, the legs, the leg bones, and even the eye lenses! Amazing.
We came home to the girls and the babysitter- we told Sydney she was going to have a baby brother, and she said, "I want a sister!" But, she seemed to warm up quickly and has already picked out a name- Dinosaur. It used to be Dora for a girl and Diego for a boy, but now it's Dinosaur. Kind of catchy!
I spent about 30 minutes going through some of the bins of clothes that the girls have outgrown... our stash that would work for a boy is extremely minimal. I mean, there are some khaki pants that I was excited about, only to see hot pink stitching on it. Come on, people! (will it be bad if a boy wears that??) So, I'll definitely be hitting up the stores this summer so Dinosaur will have something to wear.
Stephen and I are over the moon. We really would have been super happy either way, but I think I was secretly pulling for a boy. This will be a new adventure, for sure!
Here's a pic of me at 16.5 weeks:
1 comment:
How exciting!!!! So happy for your family!
Post a Comment