Parker is now 5 days old!! We got to go home from the hospital late Saturday afternoon. It was a rush of an evening getting settled, with the girls (esp. Taylor) not understanding what was going on, and getting used to the new little invader of our home. Plus, Taylor really doesn't understand why I can't pick her up. So, it was a little rough of a couple of days for her. Sydney has been coping pretty well! We get some attitude from her, but then again, she is a 4 year-old little girl.
I have been having a much rougher recovery this go round. I have been drugged up on pain meds each night before bed, which completely wipes me out. Stephen is my absolute hero- he has been up with Parker, feeding him and comforting him in the middle of the night. (while having to go to work the next day!) Luckily, I woke up this morning, and I feel like a new woman!!
Parker had his first pediatrician appointment yesterday. He's doing well, except for gaining weight (he was at 9 lbs, 1 oz on Monday) and he is jaundice. We had to go back in today to check on his level again, so I'm now waiting to hear. Hopefully he will be A-OK!
Things are going well, really. Stressful when all 3 kids need you at once. Tiresome, for obvious reasons. Stressful when you are trying to clean for guests while you have demands in 5 different directions. Joyful when you get to see your 3 children, happy and healthy under one roof.
I am very blessed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment