Sunday, September 22, 2013

Catching up

Hello, Blog, it's been a while... it's as if I was a whole year older from when I last posted.  Oh wait, I am! September has been a busy month and I thought I'd share some pictures of what's been happening.

This month has been really busy with activities, parent conferences, before-school duty, after-school duty, working at softball games at my middle school, Stephen traveling, GT games, fun outings, birthday parties, and more.

Here are some random pictures from September:
Taylor looking out for her little bro while her mommy attempts to run 3+ miles while pushing them in the 85 degree heat.  Whew!

Silly girl!

Future musician.

Chilling outside on a lazy Sunday.
 
Workout buddies. 

Sydney and her pal Andrew at my middle school.
 
Sydney at the first GT game of the season.
 
Stephen's b-day!
Stephen celebrated the big 3-4 on September 4th!  We had a little par-tay for him one night after dinner.

Stephen's present and cards. 

Parker is excited!

Yay!  A basketball! (for the forthcoming basketball goal.  I was a great planner and 2/3 of his gifts arrived days later!)

Reading the card Sydney made him.
 
I made some homemade fried okra with okra from our garden.
 
 Hanging out:

There seems to have been something to do all the time this month.  Here are a couple of fun things I did with some girlfriends.

Anita Renfroe, Christian comedian. 


Les Mis!

 Fuzz Run 2013:

My favorite 5K of all times occurred the weekend of the 14th.  It's in Covington, and I've run it every year since 2006 (except the 3 years I was pregnant). This year, we pushed the kiddos.  We got a late start and started at the back, behind all the walkers.  We were running and weaving the strollers through people- it was a mess!  It did take my mind off the fact that the first few minutes of the race were all uphill.  Parker screamed the entire way and we got lots of chuckles as we ran by people.  I stopped once to get him a bottle out and one more time to pick up the bottle after he threw it on the ground.  But, overall- we had a great time!
Bo Bice from Amer. Idol lives in Covington and sang the national anthem. 

Sydney got out and ran the last .1 mile to the finish line!

Post-race: Me and Meg, I'm not sure what we're doing here exactly!
 
Later that day, Raegan came over and I took the two girls and Parker to a birthday party.  (Taylor went with Stephen to Roswell to go to another b-day party).  

BFFs.



Sydney and her princess (?) make-up.

That's my girl!
 
Next up... my birthday!  Yep, I am officially 33.  I have to say that my new year has started off right.  Early in the morning, we saw this:
 

Then, I ran in a 5K up in Maysville, GA (north GA).  It was so much fun!  My parents watched the kids for me so I could run on my own.  The race went around a park, so the scenery was nice.  We did have to run almost a mile on gravel, which was a little tough, but I managed!  It was me, myself, and I this time (Stephen had a GT game in Atlanta). 


After the race, my parents found me, along with my sister and two nieces.  There was a fall festival at the park that we stayed at for a bit.  The kids got to do fun things, like a bouncy house, puppet show, saw some llama and bunny rabbits, etc. 


Then, we headed back to my parents' house, where my mom cooked up an entire FEAST!  It was a delicious meal, topped off with a birthday cake and some presents.



We drove the wet trip home, and all three kiddos sacked out!  Stephen got home a little after we did, and we went to Chili's for a b-day dinner.  At the end of the night, Stephen and I both caught the most miraculous sunset.  I wish I had taken a picture, but it may not have done it justice.  We caught it at just the right time, because when we went back minutes later to look, darkness had taken over.  A beautiful start and finish to a wonderful birthday!
 
 
 

More September fun to come!


No comments: