Poor Parker is sick. It started last week with a cough. It continued the last couple of days with slight diarrhea and just an overall sense that he didn't feel well (crying out in the middle of the night, out-of-control drooling, crankiness, not eating well). I took him to daycare this morning, knowing he didn't feel well (hello, mommy guilt!). I told his teacher to call me if they needed me to get him. They called 20 minutes after I got to work- his fever went from 99 (when I took him) to 101.5 that quickly. :( So, I got my stuff together and plans ready for a sub, and I headed home to spend the day with my little man!
I took him to the doctor, and he has a virus that is similar to hand, foot, mouth disease. The doctor said that he has blisters all over his throat. Poor little guy! Since it's a virus, there's no antibiotic to take, so I'm supposed to give him motrin and a maalox/benadryl concoction to ease the throat pain.
He was really sleepy today and just had that pathetic, "I don't feel well" look to him. We hung out, he slept a good bit, I took a nap, we got medicine at Publix, got the car washed, went for a walk, and got the girls from school. My mom came down tonight and will be keeping Parker all day tomorrow. (what do you know- this happened while Stephen was in Cali! It never fails!)
No comments:
Post a Comment