Sunday, May 17, 2015

End of School!

Not for me.  Man, I wish!  But Sydney had her last day of Kindergarten this past Friday!  And since the daycare follows the local school schedule, that means Parker and Taylor are both done with the curriculum part of their class.  Now, they just get to play!  (For another 2 weeks, at least, until I'm done!)

On Thursday, the whole Kindergarten class put on a special program.  I used one of my personal days and took the day off to go see it.  It was adorable!  The whole grade marched in, class by class, and sang a cute song together.  Then, each class did a song separately.  They all came together again at the end to sing one more song together.  Finally, each student walked across the stage to get their Kindergarten certificate.




After the program, I went back to Sydney's room and she asked me to eat lunch with her.  She wanted to pick her "friend" Mercer to eat with us, and he happily came along.  It was so cute watching them converse!




On Friday, I took some before-school pictures of the girls.  Sydney was not quite in the mood, so it was hard to capture a happy smile.  Taylor, on the other hand, was all smiles.  Here are some first day (August 2014) to last day (May 2015) comparisons.




Later that morning, Sydney's KG class had its own awards ceremony.  My school had field day that day that I couldn't miss, so I had to miss out on the awards fun.  Luckily, Stephen was in town to go see it!  Sydney and her friend both won the "Best Reader" awards!  I am so very proud of how well she can now read.  She reads AR books between 2.3 and 3.2 grade level and almost always gets 100s!

Sydney and Izzy with their reading awards.  They've known each other since they were babies!

Sydney and Kathryn.

Carsyn, Sydney, and Kathryn.

Now Mariella joins in!

The girls with Mrs. Hince!

I can't believe Sydney is now going into 1st grade!  That automatically sounds so much older.  And my sweet Taylor will be in pre-K!  And Parker will be... with me!  gulp!  Don't know how my middle school math degree will translate to 2/3 year old curriculum... but thank heavens for Pinterest.  Pinterest gives me some feelings of hope!

No comments: