Friday, May 29, 2015

Well, dang...

Just like that, I am D-O-N-E!!!!  Retired!  No longer employed!  The CEO of my own household!  I seriously did not think this year was ever going to end.  After a year with kids from... well, it wouldn't be nice to say, but you know what I mean..., (OK, that's just mean.  Let me put it this way- as a group/combination, these kids were rough!)... a year full of unexpected staffing drama, negative people, personal health issues, crazy travel work schedules, and more, this school year is finally in the books.  Hallelujah!

I can tell in the 2.5 days this week that I've been unemployed, the stress weight has subsided.  The kiddos finished up at daycare this week, so I had those 2.5 days of just me time.  I got so much done!  I wanted to start Monday (the official first day of summer with our household being together) with a bang.

How, you ask?

Well, I've been working on calendars, trying to plan our days.  I'm trying to come up with fun things to keep the kids busy.  Crafts and learning time are going to be incorporated into each day.  I've been printing some great organizational sheets from Pinterest.  Here are some of the things I've done:


You can't tell very well, but I asked Taylor what the "brush teeth" line said, hoping she could tell from the picture.  She paused and said, "Put on your cold winter clothes?"  The girl is wearing a nightgown but it is a little puffy.  That girl cracks me up.


These will be cut up and arranged in order each day for our daily schedule.


Our weekly schedule at a glance!

 These next few printables I put in frames and I can write on the glass with an expo marker, and erase each day.
Yes!  Water!  My kids are so used to drinking juice at school, that I'm trying to narrow it down to milk and water only.

Weekly meal planner.


Things got real when my student teacher was teaching (and I couldn't use the computer because she was!)  Medicine cabinet inventory and...

...pantry inventory!

Since my kids are ALL about eating... I mean, they could eat 24/7/365/lifetime without stopping... (we have to lock both the fridge AND the pantry)...I have pre-packaged little snacks into small baggies.  That way, they will have a choice of pictures to choose from and then they will pick a snack from that.  They will get what is in the baggie and that is it.  We'll see how that goes.

These are the options they can choose from.

What else?  It's been so nice not having my work email on my phone anymore!  I have taken Facebook off of my phone.  I'm not giving it up, but I don't want it at my fingertips... literally.  I've upped my FitBit goal to 15,000 steps per day, and I'm one determined goal-meeter,

I see great things in our future.  It'll take a little adjusting, I'm sure.  Things I'm not foreseeing will come up, and probably things I'm planning to happen won't.  All I can say is... I am HAPPY and FREE and EXCITED about my new adventure. :) :)

No comments: