Sunday, May 31, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

We ventured up to the mountain house for Memorial Day Weekend!  We got up around noon on Saturday, and, first thing, the kiddos hit the lake.  They had been talking about it all week!  Luckily, the lake has little divided sections, so there's a baby area (up to about 1 foot deep) and a middle area (up to about 2-3 feet deep) so the kiddos can play around without too much stress on the parents. :)

Hopping on the golf cart to go to the lake.  Parker talked about the golf cart ALL YEAR long. 

Remember this picture in a minute.








That night, we had our annual Memorial Day picnic/square dance.  All was great until my little golf-cart loving boy decided to climb into my parents' golf cart, hit the gas pedal (which removes the emergency break), and roll down the hill it was parked on, sitting on his knees, sucking his thumb, aiming for a car.  Thanks to my life-saving sister, who pulled Parker off, and my car-saving dad, who somehow managed to stop the rolling golf cart a few feet from a mini-van, he was perfectly safe. (despite two people telling me it looked like the tires ran over his legs/abdomen)  The details of this story would be really entertaining (now), and I would fill you in on it if I wasn't still scarred from it.  It was traumatizing, thinking about the "what if?"s.  Now, when I ask him if he's ever going to touch the golf cart pedals again, he shakes his head and says, "No, Mommy!"  We shall see...

Anyways, I skipped out on most of the square dance because I honestly wasn't in any kind of mood to be around it.  Parker did get to dance one dance, and the girls did, too!  I laid down with Parker and we went to bed early.  Stephen and the girls stayed at my sister's until a little later.

Parker and Anna Kate!

Taylor and Dee Dad.

Sydney and Madeline.


Sunday morning, I went on a long walk with my sister and a friend.  We went to church, ate lunch, and then we went on a little "Tour of Homes" in the colony.  This one girl that I grew up with, though she's probably about 3-4 years younger, lives in her parents' old house and had totally redone it.  There was an article in a magazine about what all she's done with it.  I knew it must've been cool, but actually seeing it... wow!!  It was incredible!  And the view was unbelievable!  We got to see a couple other really cool cabins up there, too.  It was fun.  We then hit the lake, ate dinner, made s'mores around the campfire, Sydney spent the night at my sister's house, and we called it a night.

Another golf cart ride... this would always cheer Parker up.

I had lots of selfies like this on my phone!

My niece captured this shot... wow!

the view from the cabin!

The article about the house.





The next morning, we hit a local breakfast spot, and then our family made the trek home!  It was a great weekend, can't wait to go back.

I think they had fun.

No comments: