Saturday, October 16, 2010

Exhausted

Is it possible to request another weekend right after a weekend, just to be able to rest?  I feel like our weekends have been so busy that I'm almost more exhausted Sunday night than I am on weeknights!  Oh well, I guess that's life, and I am thankful for the fun times we do have.

This weekend, we woke up early and participated in our neighborhood's yard sale.  We put stuff out when it was still dark (and freezing!!) this morning.  We didn't have too many big things, but lots of little junky things.  The few big things we had didn't sell, sadly.  The old necklaces and bracelets that I had made were top sellers, funny enough.  Of course, at $1 each, they didn't bring in the big bucks.

But the GOOD news is... I purchased an awesome two-seater jogging stroller from a neighbor!!  We got it for 1/6 of the price of the one I was looking at at Babies R Us.  Score!!  It's in awesome condition and I am stoked.  So yes, we did end up spending more than we sold... LOL. 

I went to a wedding shower for a good friend this afternoon, and Sydney ventured to GA Tech with Stephen to go to the football game!  This was her first official game.  She's tailgated a few times there, but never went in the stadium.  They had a good time.  Check out some pics!

Although I'm not a fan of the hat or t-shirt, she does look mighty cute!!



Stephen said Sydney really wanted a picture with Buzz, but she wasn't so sure about him up-close.  This pic makes me laugh!


Daddy & Daughter time.

What else is new?  Everyone's been asking me how I'm feeling lately.  I must always be looking a little rough or something. :)  Work has been pretty stressful lately (for example, I had 5 IEP meetings in a matter of 2 days).  I feel like I'm about to pop, and I still have 6-1/2 weeks left!  I really don't know how much more I can stretch.  If you don't believe me, here's a picture from today (week 33):


You can see my new hair-do as well.  I got it chopped.  I really like it, though I do have to make a point to fix it everyday now (no more buns for me!)  Anyways, besides feeling like I'm about to explode,
having horrible leg cramps in the middle of the night, and starting to have swelling in my ankles, I'm doing pretty well.  Just really ready to get through these next few weeks!! 

On that note, I think I'm going to hit the hay... it's been a long day.  Fun, but long!  Oh, and Go Dawgs!!!!!!

3 comments:

Our Blessed Life said...

You look great! I'll pray these last few weeks go by fast.

Kristine said...

Okay, a) when you discover how to get another weekend to recover from the first weekend, sign me up! And b) girl you are HUGE!!! (I mean that is the most awesome pregnant way ever!) :)

Brooke said...

Thanks, Amy! Kristine, I know, girl... Both pregnancies I have carried completely straight out. It is unreal! (My mom carried the same way.) I seriously feel like my skin will not stretch anymore! (but, rest assured, it has stretched once... it will do it again, I'm sure!)