Saturday, October 23, 2010

What a Fun Fall Day!

We had a very fun, fulfilling, fantastic, fabulous fall day today!  Stephen went up to see his GT team play in Clemson, so Sydney and I headed up to my parents' house to pick them up and head to North GA!  We first went to Anna Ruby Falls in Unicoi State Park.  Sydney has really gotten into waterfalls lately (one of her favorite scenes in the movie Cars is where they drive by the waterfall), so I wanted to take her to see a real one.  We couldn't have asked for a better day!  Sunny, not too hot, not too cold.  Perfect for a hike to the falls.  Here are some picture highlights from the falls.

Sydney and D-Dad starting up the path.

Beautiful scenery.

 Grandmom and Sydney.

 We made it!





 Hanging out at the bottom of the mountain.


After we saw the waterfalls, we stopped at a picnic site and had lunch.  Mom made some yummy homemade chicken salad and homemade applesauce!  Sydney had fun running around the pavilion with all of us. 

Sydney and D-Dad running backwards.  I'll refrain from posting the pictures of her running with her shirt up.  I figure she'll thank me later for that.

When we got back in the car, Sydney had about a 10-minute meltdown.  It was an hour-and-a-half past her naptime, PLUS I forgot her two favorite dolls at my parents' house.  But, once we stopped at a couple of little towns' fall festivals, she was good to go.  Oh, and the tootsie roll pop a nice lady gave her at the first stop helped the situation out, too.  She was good to go after that!

Sydney and Grandmom by the firetruck in Batesville, GA.

Sydney and D-Dad chilling in Sautee, GA. 

Sydney and I headed home after we dropped off the grand-parental units.  She slept the whole hour home.  She kept talking about the waterfalls, the picnic, Grandmom and D-Dad all night.  I'm glad we were able to have such a great day!!!  

No comments: