Monday, October 11, 2010

Our Trip to Nash-Vegas

This past weekend, Sydney and I ventured up to Nashville to witness my brother reaching a new height... the age of FORTY!!  Man, he's old!  The same year I enter a new decade, he follows a couple weeks after me and enters the next one.  Anyways, Sydney, Mom and I drove up Friday morning, moseying through North GA to take the scenic route to I-75 to Nashville. 

Friday night, we ordered Chinese, took a walk around the neighborhood, and hung out.  My brother and his wife, Jen, bought a new house a few months ago.  It was the first time I got to see it.  It is AWESOME!  And let me tell you... they have this amazing playroom for kids.  Sydney would have been completely content being locked in that room all weekend.  There are toys everywhere, a kitchen, a kiddy-piano, train set, coloring tables, stickers, balls,... you name it!  They have a little girl, Olivia, who is 2-1/2 months older than Sydney.  They took to each other pretty quickly.  They don't see each other too often, but they were fast friends.  This was a really fun age for them to be together, because they can both communicate pretty decently, sing the same songs, etc. 

Sydney and Olivia coloring in the playroom.


 Walking around the neighborhood.

 The lake in my brother's neighborhood.


The next morning, we went to a nearby playground and the girls got to run around, swing, climb, and have a grand ol' time. 





My sister, her two girls, and my dad drove up Saturday and arrived a little after lunchtime.  That night, my brother thought only a couple of friends were coming over to celebrate his birthday, and was totally surprised when 20+ people showed up!  Surprise!!  Good job, Jen!  Here was his cake:


 We had to be obnoxious and actually put 40 candles on the cake.  Looks like a fire hazard, huh?


My dad, Sydney, and I left the next morning after a yummy brunch made by my mom.  It was a really fun weekend of celebration with family! 

On a final note, enjoy this video of the two-year-old dancing princesses.  (It's a little dark, but you'll get the idea!)


No comments: