So, I have talked to some people about her behavior, and so many people have told me that it's probably because she knows the baby is coming soon. Do you think a 25-month-old would have that sense? I mean, she knows about the baby, talks about her, kisses my belly, etc., so it's not a big surprise to her that a baby will be coming, but does she know it's near? One lady I work with almost had me in tears today, as she was telling me that Sydney probably knows that she won't be the "baby" anymore and that her life is about to be very different with a new addition. In a way, it's sad that my baby will now be the big sister! Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited for Baby Taylor to join our family... in fact, I can't wait! But, it'll be so strange that Sydney will be the big girl in the family now!
Anyways, off my tangent. I just wondered if she really has this sense and maybe that's why she's been so clingy. I honestly don't mind that she's been this way, it's been so fun to cuddle and be with her. Although it's been a little hard, seeing that I'm just about in my 9th month of pregnancy, and my big belly sometimes gets in the way. LOL I'm just starting my 35th week... 5 to go!
How can you resist this face when she asks you to pick her up?
OK, so last night, I had a dream that I went into labor. (I also had a dream that Baby Taylor ended up being a boy!). At work, a co-worker told me she was thinking about me last night and had a feeling my water would break this week. Then, one of my 3rd graders today said that my water is going to break this week (totally out of the blue! Granted, her mom just had a baby, so maybe that's on her mind)! What the? My water didn't even break with Sydney... in fact, I think it only breaks in about 10% of the cases.
So needless to say, I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row...
(Thanks, Sydney!)
...and get motivated to get myself in gear. I had the realization yesterday that I only have 3 more full weeks of school left before December 1! Ahhhh!! Luckily, I got a lot of my sub plans done today. Whew! I'm meeting with my long-term sub tomorrow, which will make me feel even better. Goodness, December 1 is creeping up on me!
On a side note, I think I broke my toe last night!!! I totally was walking fast and kicked my baby toe on the pedal of our stainless steel trashcan. Ouch! A stream of bad words flowed out of my mouth and tears rolled down my cheeks, as Stephen is running downstairs to make sure I'm not going into labor or anything. ;) Anyways, today, I can't bend it, it's swollen, and bright red. OK, I could be overly-dramatizing it... maybe it's just a really bad stumped toe. Who knows. I know there's nothing you can do anyways. I don't think I can make it through a pregnancy without breaking something!
Anyways, we have had a great week so far. Looking forward to a fun weekend of Halloween parties and trick-or-treating. Will definitely post pictures soon!


1 comment:
I don't know girl... my water broke (totally stunned me, but still it happens!). Watch out!
Post a Comment