So, after church today, we ventured out to a lovely little salon for kiddos. The place was great- lots of fun characters everywhere; treats and lollipops; TVs with cartoons; what more could a kid ask for??
We started with Sydney... all I had really wanted was the dead-ends off and the back evened out (the back-middle portion of her hair is longer than the rest). The nice lady cut off about an inch on the bottom, plus gave Sydney layers. It looks so cute! Here are pictures of Sydney's hair-raising...er... cutting- adventure:
The before-hair style.
She did really well, and at the end was rewarded with three stick-on jewels in her hair, a lolli-pop, and a toy! Right about at this point, the other hairdresses finished with her client and was going to start on Taylor.
Taylor was too short to sit in the big chairs, so she had to sit in my lap. Let me tell you, I never in a million years would have thought I'd be taking a 10-month-old to get her hair cut. I mean, Sydney just had a little in the middle at this point- we were just hoping her hair would actually come in!
But, Miss Taylor is a whole different story. I think she could be on a Pantene Pro-V commercial by the age of 1. Imagine the whole hair-blowing-in-the-wind type of commercial... I could totally see it! ;)
She did well- she didn't really like the cold mist being sprayed on her, and she'd make funny faces when that happened. But, I am happy to report... the mullet is gone! Finished!
Here are her pictures:
It was hard to get pictures of the back of her head while the lady was cutting it, but now it is a nice, even hairstyle. I'll have to take pictures of the girls later.
Plus, we got some of their hair as a souvenir, something that will definitely go in the baby books.
Update:
Here are the before and after photos!
Not too much of a difference with Sydney, but here you go:
Before
After
I tried to find a good before picture for Taylor, and this was all I could really come up with:
(see the mullet??)
And here she is now!

No comments:
Post a Comment