Sunday, December 11, 2011

Good Times

We had a fun and eventful weekend.

Friday night, we met our friends, Jamie & Jennifer, and their little girl, Elyn (who is 3 weeks older than Taylor) over by Perimeter Mall.  They live in Woodstock and we live in Loganville, so it can't get much farther apart for two couples who both live in the metro-Atlanta area.  So, every few months, we meet up in the middle for some good grub and great conversation. 

Yowzers... some cellphone-camera  flash that was!

Just for fun... here are the last couple of times we got together:

This was probably when the girls were 2-3 months old.

This is when the girls were about 6-7 months old.

My, how they grow!

Saturday was a really fun day. We went to the gym in the morning, so the girls got to play in their play area there. When we got home, we all went outside and played for a few hours. (well, Taylor and I did for a little over an hour, then she went in to take a nap. Stephen and Sydney stayed out for most of the afternoon). We kicked around the soccer ball, played basketball (I whooped Stephen in a game of HORSE, Little Tikes b-ball-style), played on the playground, tried to fly a kite, and just ran. And of course, I got some pictures. 









At 4:00, Stephen took Sydney to the birthday party for twin boys in Sydney's class.  I stayed home with Taylor, getting ready and waiting for my mom to arrive.  That night was Stephen's work's Christmas party, so my mom was sweet to volunteer to watch the kiddos.  That evening, Stephen and I headed to Callanwolde, a historic mansion near Emory, for an evening out.  It was a lot of fun!




So, today was a different story.  Sydney had what we think were growing pains last night (she's had these twice before, where she screams and screams in her sleep, grabbing her legs).  It's either that or cramps, I'm not sure which one yet.  So, I slept with her last night, and she also coughed all night long.  But, we woke up okay and decided to go to church anyways. 

Right when we got to church, it hit Stephen- nausea, headache, chills, etc.  I couldn't keep my eyes open, I guess from not getting a full night's sleep.  We left after the sermon before the last couple of songs and benediction.  Stephen had a fever and really could do nothing but lay down.  I was taking care of the kiddos all day so he could rest.  Since we were all a little under the weather, we stayed inside to avoid the cold.  Here are ways we spent our day:

Sydney lined up my little hair clips on the stairs (the stairs that look empty are actually clear hair clips). 

Sydney writing her letters... I, L, E, F, O, and half of an S. ;)

Silly Sydney, arranging a circle of various things.  She is my very orderly child, can you tell?




A Pinterest-inspired piece of art.


Nap time or doll morgue?  You decide.

Sydney and Monkey hanging out... she was taking him to the "doctor".

Christmas-themed Rice Krispie treats.


Whew, what a weekend!  One more week and then I'll be off for two.  I can do it!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Ok some of these pictures/comments cracked me up. Especially the doll morgue!