Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Here comes Santa Claus...

So, we've had three visits to Santa, and we are 3 for 3 with unsuccessful "happy" pictures with him.  I'm totally okay with that.  I myself was a kid who screamed bloody murder when I had to sit in Santa's lap.  Every picture, up until the age of 12, is me crying.  Ok, not really 12... but pretty close. :)  Ironically, in college, I worked with Santa and took pictures of all the screaming kids.  Funny how life is sometimes. :)

Anyways, here are two of the three trips to Santa. 

First trip... a girls venture to Walmart turned into an opportunity for a free 5x7 picture with Santa.  At least we got a smile from Sydney, though she wouldn't even think about sitting in his lap. (hence, me being in the picture.  Obviously, I wasn't planning on it. ;)


These were taken while the girls were at school.  I forgot Taylor's shoes and stockings, and they provided a brand new hairbow that they were selling for her to wear.  Their faces almost scream a look of panic, but it's also sweet in another way.  I also love how their expressions are almost the same!


Last night was Sydney and Taylor's daycare's Christmas program.  It was held at a nearby church.  Stephen was in California for work, but my parents were sweet enough to drive down in the yucky rain to come see the girls perform.

They start the program off with all of the kids- small infants through K-5- doing a parade up and down all the aisles.  That was the extent to Taylor's performance.  She got to join us for the rest of the show. 

Sydney's class got up on stage and performed 'Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer' and 'Silent Night'.  They did the whole Silent Night song in sign language.  All the other classes performed, too, and at the end, all the kids (2 through K-5) sang 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas'.  It was very sweet!  Here are some pics from the night:


Sydney coming to give me a hug during the opening parade.

Taylor and D-Dad.

Grandmom, D-Dad, and my two thumb-suckers.

My pretty little girl!



I just have to say that I love my girls' daycare, and am so happy to have a great place to send my children every day while I go to work!  The teachers are just wonderful; the owners are fantastic; my girls learn SO much.  Plus, the little hour-long show last night had a packed house.  I couldn't believe how much support the children have with their families and friends.  I am so happy to be a part of a great community!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Violet loves looking at your Christmas card. At first she looked at Taylor and said "Violet!" Now she says Taylor. Aw.