Friday night, the girls and I did our annual gingerbread house, which is starting to be a tradition. I guess our family is still so new that traditions haven't had the time to prove themselves. But, we'll call this a tradition for now. Taylor got into it this year, too. (Though, all they really wanted to do was eat the gumdrops.)
Parker just observed. Soon, Parker, soon.
The final product. Amazing.
Saturday- again, the day we had NO plans (and boy was I excited!)- started off a little later than normal. Stephen woke to feed Parker at 5:30 AM and the girls sleepily came into our bed, but we all stayed in it until 7:30. These days, that is sleeping in for us! I had a lot of things I wanted to get done, and some Christmasy activities I had for the girls. On top of that, we decided to start potty-training Taylor. Today. So, the timer was set for every 15 minutes, so whatever we were doing, everything stopped for her to go potty. (I won't digress on this topic, but here are some stats: her success rate was about 10%, and we used up approximately 75% of the lysol wipes in our house.) But, it was a really good day- of course, it had its ups and downs with two rambunctious toddlers who are BFFs one minute and fighting the next (oh, sisters...), but it was a nice family-bonding day.
Painting ornaments. In bathing suits, what else?
Sweet Parker.
Helping me make gingerbread cookies, something I've never attempted before.
The final product.
Hanging around the tree. After these smiles were full out tackles on the rug.
No comments:
Post a Comment