Sydney:
Sydney has been a wave of emotions lately. She can be the sweetest, cutest little thing, and then she can be a disrespectful, defiant little girl. You never know what you're going to get. It's very frustrating, as her bad moods seem to hit at very inopportune times. I'm hoping this is just a phase.
She has started to read, which is amazing me. We practice every night, and she learns so much during the day at school. When did she grow up so much??
She had strep throat last week, so she spent 3 days out of school with me. We had some nice bonding times. Thanksfully, she's all better.
I attempted to straighten Sydney's hair one night... check it out!
...she woke up with it curly again. But look how pretty it still looks!
I love this picture.
Doing her make-up school work.
Birthday Parties:
I never realized how many December babies there are! I feel like Sydney's been invited to so many birthday parties lately. Here are a couple of recent ones:
Dance party at a dance studio... getting glitterfied.
Sydney the ballerina? Not so sure...
Sydney and her friend Maddie.
Parker:
Parker is 11 weeks today... can you believe it?? He has had a rough week or so. Last Saturday night, he was up, screaming, from 8:30 PM to 4:00 AM. That was something completely atypical. Parker rarely ever cries. I took him to urgent care Sunday AM, and it turns out he has an ear infection and bronchiolitis. Uggh. He's on an antibiotic and breathing treatments.
He started sleeping in his crib last week.
Sweet boy!
All about me:
Well, I've had an exciting week or so. I am now braces-less (yay!) and employed again (...yay?...). I went back to work on Monday, and it's actually nice to get back into the swing of things. However, it's crazy how quickly stress sets in. I miss the days of wearing sweats and watching DVR'd Ellens while holding my sweet baby. But, it's been great to see everyone and I'm glad I came back a little before the break to get caught up on things. Plus, Parker has been in the wonderful care of my Mom and Stephen, of which I am SO appreciative.
Braces are off (finally!) and I now have a retainer to wear. It's funny, because Taylor really hasn't known me without braces (she was 5 months old when I got them on), so she was a little confused at first.
Training was going pretty well- I ran my first 5K last weekend! It was hard, but fun. A few of my neighbors and I ran it together. However, what I was afraid would happen has happened... I ran my first day back to work, but haven't done anything since. I'm just so exhausted, but I need to figure out a plan to make running a priority. Hopefully it's just getting back into things that's making me so tired and it'll get better.
A Sydney-taken picture of my no-braces.
I got to run with this sky surrounding me. Beautiful!
Jingle Jog 2012- Me, Karen, Melissa
Silly girls
My Christmas present... before (kind of- there used to be a wire shelf going across the wall)
And after! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment